• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Spurs on sat

I have now got my ticket for spurs away and just wondered what time people were intending to get to white hart lane and also what pubs are there to have a drink before/after? I am in the lower tier btw!

I have now got my ticket for spurs away and just wondered what time people were intending to get to white hart lane and also what pubs are there to have a drink before/after? I am in the lower tier btw!

Theres a chip shop about 200 yards down the road if anyone cared by the way, but DO NOT have the chilli sauce it is HOOOOOT !!! :eek:

Theres a chip shop about 200 yards down the road if anyone cared by the way, but DO NOT have the chilli sauce it is HOOOOOT !!! :eek:

well, der! :p

Anyway I was late last time so didn't have a chance to find a pub. I reckon we'll get there about midday-ish plenty of time for a few bevs!

Hope you find this of some help

http://www.footballgroundguide.co.uk/

Dave Thomas a visiting Birmingham City fan informs me; 'We found a nice little boozer up a side road, called the Antwerp. Popular with both home and away fans, it is highly recommended. To find it, take a right turn when you come out of White Hart Lane Station, and then right onto the main High Road. You go past the the ground on your left and then go right into Church Road. Walk down the road going under a bridge and the pub is on the right opposite Bruce Castle Park. There are bouncers on the door but there's no problem getting in. Richard Crouch recommends 'The Park' right by Northumberland Park station. This is a small comfortable pub about ten minutes walk along Park Lane from the away end. Also the Bricklayers Arms (no away colours) is also recommended. Carsie a Spurs fan from Belfast adds; 'I would recommend the Three Compasses which is situated in Queen Street (behind Middlesex University), which is a five minute walk from White Hart Lane Station'.

There is also a Wetherspoons outlet called the Gilpins Bell which is a ten minute walk away from the stadium. A fair sized pub, it also has a good sized beer garden, which on my last visit on a hot day in August, was crammed with fans, including a sprinkling of away supporters. Coming out of White Hart Lane railway station turn right and then left along the High Road. You will pass the Bricklayers and Coach & Horse pubs and you continue along the road as it bends around to the right. The Gilpens Bell is located a little further down this road on the right hand side.

Inside the ground alcohol is served in the refreshment areas. This is in the form of plastic bottles of Carlsberg at £2.50 per 500ml bottle. But please note that alcohol is not served in the away section at half time.

As my new place is next to Cambridge Heath station, I'm envisaging getting out of bed around half one and moseying up that way some time later.

:D

It's actually going to take me less time than it would living in Southend and going to a home game. Also, if by some quirk of rule-breaking we get Orient, that's a cosy three step route. Good times.

Its a mission to find a pub around there that will serve away fans. West Ham trashed one of the pubs before a Carling Cup match a couple of years ago (the round after they beat us IIRC) and ever since then its been pretty much home fans only everywhere. There were a few Shrimpers in the Wetherspoons up the road (The Gilpins Bell) before Spurs but in the end the police told everyone to leave/cover up all colours.

You're better off drinking near Liverpool Street or heading into the ground early and drinking there.

The police stopped people from going into Hamilton Hall last spurs game but there's a few more pubs along that main road it's on

Well shrimpers coaches don't leave 'till 12 this time, as before we were about 3 hous before kick off, and us kiddies had nothing to do accept have a stroll up the street to the chippie.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back