• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Spencer Prior

Hong Kong Blue

At least half the posters on here would have him put down, let alone dropped, but I think he has been the lynchpin behind our rise from a team battling against relegation to the conference, to one on course for promotion to the Champion$hite.

I don´t care if he does make the occasional howler, I think he adds so much to this side.

I´d be interested to know our defensive record in the 50 odd games he´s played since he returned, as I suspect its one of the best in the country.

Finally, if he does get us promoted, will that be his 4th consecutive promotion with us? I can´t remember when we sold him to Naarwich. Even if its 4 in 5 that would be incredible

Fair call actually.

Was interested to read MtS stat that we had less in half as many goals again with Edwards compared to Prior.

I still cack myself everytime he gets it at the back but fair play to the big man cant argue with his results.

If I remember correctly Prior didnt play a part in the 89/90 promotion, and didnt play much part if anything during 90/91.

My memory isnt what it used to be though....

Spinner is fantastic in the air and you cannot knock his experience. He knows his limitations and usually plays to them. I'd have him and Sodje as first choice centre-halves week in week out. I'd actually place Hunt next in line for a CH spot before Barrett.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Feb. 16 2006,12:49)]Spinner is fantastic in the air and you cannot knock his experience. He knows his limitations and usually plays to them. I'd have him and Sodje as first choice centre-halves week in week out. I'd actually place Hunt next in line for a CH spot before Barrett.
Bit harsh on barrett ORM - Hunt cant have played there more than 3 times in his SUFC career....

Agreed he aint been great but dont think im quite ready for Lewis Hunt yet

Think Spinner did play in the 89-90 promotion season. If I recall correctly think he broke his leg that season at home against Peterboro in a dire 0-0

Spinner adds a great deal of experience to our side. I do feel that he should not be used as regularly at the back though as he does lack pace. But I would call him a great squad player, because of his enthusiasm for the game and his experience, which the younger players can learn off of. He also went to my old school, Greensward, so that makes him a legend.

Spinner makes the defence tick, simple as.

smile.gif

Did a pre season at Col u before last season, but was not offered a deal.
Even more of you will want him put down now! lol

[b said:
Quote[/b] (col u @ Feb. 16 2006,14:46)]Did a pre season at Col u before last season, but was not offered a deal.
He didn't want to play for you lot, as home was calling...
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (col u @ Feb. 16 2006,14:46)]Did a pre season at Col u before last season, but was not offered a deal.
Just goes to prove that Parkinson can't pick em!!!.
biggrin.gif

Back