• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Spam go back on promises.

THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK

Life President⭐⭐🦐
So when they moved into that horrible Olympic Stadium, they understood that the stands were not good for football as too far away from the pitch. To get fans onboard, they said football should be for all, and it will be affordable family football. The working man will not be priced out, blah, blah, blah. Well, they are now phasing out concessions, going back on their promise.
So today for example at 11am, the tickets for the West Ham V Chelsea game went on sale. My mate wanted 4 tickets for him, his Dad, who is over 70, and the two grandsons aged 10 and 12 years old, as a treat. He got 4 in the basket, the cheaper seats up the top, where there was 4 available together. So even though he put in O66(Over 66) and U18 twice, it came up as £95 each person, regardless of age. £384 with the fee. He declined as he can't afford that. So affordable family football it is not. And this was in the upper tier, which he said is a terrible view anyway being so far away.
This is the way it's been going for years unfortunately. The players and Managers get everything, wealth beyond their wildest dreams, this, and the crazy transfer fees, paid for by the normal football fan. West Ham have also announced that in some areas, fans will now have to pay the full price for season tickets, regardless of age. I looked into this today after he told me, and there is a massive protest started against all of this. But the writing's on the wall for football to become even dearer in the future, and a lot of football fans will be priced out.

Sadly this is a sign of the times and what really riles me is the “Admin fee” applied.
Unfortunately, most of the clubs now are only interested in profit and what money they can make but whatever the price there will always be those who are willing to pay it and while they do then sadly this sport will remain out of reach of the normal/person. Collectively the supporters have to stick together on this one and be unanimous in the approach.

Last edited:
So when they moved into that horrible Olympic Stadium, they understood that the stands were not good for football as too far away from the pitch. To get fans onboard, they said football should be for all, and it will be affordable family football. The working man will not be priced out, blah, blah, blah. Well, they are now phasing out concessions, going back on their promise.
So today for example at 11am, the tickets for the West Ham V Chelsea game went on sale. My mate wanted 4 tickets for him, his Dad, who is over 70, and the two grandsons aged 10 and 12 years old, as a treat. He got 4 in the basket, the cheaper seats up the top, where there was 4 available together. So even though he put in O66(Over 66) and U18 twice, it came up as £95 each person, regardless of age. £384 with the fee. He declined as he can't afford that. So affordable family football it is not. And this was in the upper tier, which he said is a terrible view anyway being so far away.
This is the way it's been going for years unfortunately. The players and Managers get everything, wealth beyond their wildest dreams, this, and the crazy transfer fees, paid for by the normal football fan. West Ham have also announced that in some areas, fans will now have to pay the full price for season tickets, regardless of age. I looked into this today after he told me, and there is a massive protest started against all of this. But the writing's on the wall for football to become even dearer in the future, and a lot of football fans will be priced out.
It gets even worse than that.

My brother is a STH at those I shall not name, he was brought up in the same Shrimper family as me but moved to the dark side and took my nephews with him, my two sons stayed with me in the land of righteousness; it makes for interesting Xmas dinners...

My brother came to the York game as he was boycotting Saturday's game at the London Stadium.
He was saying that he has an older person's concession ST up in the God's there, I think he called it Level 4, because it was originally cheap as chips. He was saying that anyone who has a concession will be allowed to keep it but as there are a serious number of steps up to his seat he will at some point have to think about moving down lower to somewhere more manageable. When he enquired about what would happen he was told that any of his 'Grandfather rights' to his concession price would cease if he moves seat for any reason and he would then have to pay full price and there will be no exceptions for any reason! Consequently, he now feels that he has a ticking clock up against him... to say he is not best pleased is a wee understatement. :Angry Mob:

Yes, heard about this at work as we have a STH with 4 tickets (2 of which are child ones), and he was saying how much uproar this has caused. It's the greed of the Premiership, wanting to sell tickets for the most money rather than to actual fans. Shame on them.

I genuinely don’t get it.

Gate receipts make up such a small percentage of a Premier League club turnover, so why price out families? They can play infront of empty stadiums and it barely make a dent.

The price of football is getting out of hand, and having two kids makes me realise this even more. Southend do well in terms of under 8s are free, but to then charge £45 for a replica shirt is crazy. Some clubs charge even more than that, but once my youngest fits into a shirt, I’d be spending £140 (me and two kids) for shirts. Obviously other clubs charge more, but that is crazy.

I managed to get an England full kit, when my eldest was younger, for £20 for the shirt, shorts and socks.

A couple of lads know have just taken one of the top end boxes for season at West Ham. Food and drinks are included the the bargain price of just £135,000. A seat on its own in that area its about £7,000 a season.

They aren't drug dealers, something far more lucrative.... Marine insurance. Every ship that goes anywhere near Ukraine has to have extra cover for about £250,000. Its the cargo that's worth a lot more than the ship. They get 30% of that. So the deals that will be done with their guests during match days will more than cover the costs. War is great for business

A couple of lads know have just taken one of the top end boxes for season at West Ham. Food and drinks are included the the bargain price of just £135,000. A seat on its own in that area its about £7,000 a season.

They aren't drug dealers, something far more lucrative.... Marine insurance. Every ship that goes anywhere near Ukraine has to have extra cover for about £250,000. Its the cargo that's worth a lot more than the ship. They get 30% of that. So the deals that will be done with their guests during match days will more than cover the costs. War is great for business
And it will be paid for by the company .....However I am not sure they will be getting 30 % solely for the company , I reckon there will be a brokerage sharing deal somewhere in that.

Doesn't detract from the stupid prices being charged for seats in the prem though.

Not a new thing though , in November 1991. West Ham offered supporters the opportunity to purchase bonds in three price bands - £500, £750 and £950, ownership of which would confer the right to buy a match day or Season Ticket for a designated seat for 150 years.

And back in the 60's my Dad chose to take me and my brother to Southend , rather than 15 miles further to West ham or Spurs to watch football (playing on a Friday night will have helped)

Until fans stop lining the pockets, buying the merchandise, subscribe to cable or PPV this is only going one way. Cut the last two and the advertisers pull out them the cable TVs lower their monies. These same fans are the ones moaning about VAR.

That’s the theory, in reality never going to happen. But I wish those at the top would just create a super league and be done with it.

And it will be paid for by the company .....However I am not sure they will be getting 30 % solely for the company , I reckon there will be a brokerage sharing deal somewhere in that.

Doesn't detract from the stupid prices being charged for seats in the prem though.

Not a new thing though , in November 1991. West Ham offered supporters the opportunity to purchase bonds in three price bands - £500, £750 and £950, ownership of which would confer the right to buy a match day or Season Ticket for a designated seat for 150 years.

And back in the 60's my Dad chose to take me and my brother to Southend , rather than 15 miles further to West ham or Spurs to watch football (playing on a Friday night will have helped)

not just the company, us tax payers are footing 50% of the bill.

They are the brokers and the man sat next to me v York will also get percentage as he set them up. One of his sons will be working with them, the other is an underwriter working for his cousins firm and they will get cut too. Its all very gentlemanly and they look after each other. The boys have the £7,000 seats to take their clients to games.

I'm sure I will get offered a few dull games with a late Sunday KO. So a game that is true fans nightmare will be my freebie. Long live the stupidity and madness of the PL circus.

Back