• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
Really looking foward to this one.

Should be a really good following on the day of a 1000+ shrimpers.

If we defend solidly and work hard then we have every chance of back to back wins.

I'm going for

Bentley

White Williams bazza Coker

Hurst/Payne Timlin Leonard Worrall

Piggot. Corr

Crowd of just of 15k with 1200 odd from blues

I reckon it shall be:

Bentley
White Thompson Barret Coker
Worral Timlin Leonard Payne
Piggot Cassidy

Subs: Smith, Atkinson, Coulthirst, Corr, Weston, B-Williams, Hurst(if alright), Williams (if Hurst not alright)

Have to win. Portsmouth is just a name now, they're a very poor side. In what has been a poor league this season Portsmouth are still not doing very well and that tells its own story.

If we want to prove ourselves as serious promotion contenders, anything less than 3 points is a failure.

In terms of the starting 11, I think it would be very harsh to drop Williams at CB. He's looked better in there for 2 games than Bolger has all season and its the latter natural position.

Bentley

White Barrett Williams Coker

Atkinson Leonard Timlin Worrall

Piggott Cassidy​

Portsmouth are rubbish, they haven't won in 7 games, and have lost at home to Accrington, and Wimbledon in that time. Although they have shown signs of improvement with draws against Burton and Luton in the last three.

They are only 3 points of the relegation zone and if this was Mansfield, Accrington, Cheltenham, York etc, we would be saying a must 3 points.

Have to win. Portsmouth is just a name now, they're a very poor side. In what has been a poor league this season Portsmouth are still not doing very well and that tells its own story.

If we want to prove ourselves as serious promotion contenders, anything less than 3 points is a failure.

They have made some reasonable signings recently, so I don't think anything less than 3 points will be a failure, considering they have taken a point of both Luton and Burton recently as well.

Personally I would be happy with a draw, its our home games we must start winning.

They have made some reasonable signings recently, so I don't think anything less than 3 points will be a failure, considering they have taken a point of both Luton and Burton recently as well.

Personally I would be happy with a draw, its our home games we must start winning.

I get that they've made decent signings but so have we and its the likes of Burton and Luton we want to be finishing above in the table so we need to pick up the points where they couldn't

779 tweeted earlier on,

my team for saturday

Barrett
Barrett, Barrett, Barrett, Barrett
Barrett, Barrett, Barrett, Barrett
Barrett, Barrett

Subs
Barrett, Barrett, Barrett, Barrett, Barrett, Barrett, Barrett

As there was no clean sheet at Ox, PB doesn't have to rely on his maxim of not changing a clean sheet defence. He has shown a preference for giving both Thommo and B-W game time. As against that we could see a fit Barrett and Luke P back in the side. Plainly we don't want to give ourselves another uphill task by giving away sloppy goals.But I think PB will make no changes save for Timlin in for Deegan. BBBC to be held ready to ride to the rescue. And AB to be kept waiting on the bench for his emotional return.

No doubt Pompey will be up for it bearing in mind our lofty position and the coverage of our remarkable win last time out. Looking like another big Blues following. Think we will need another big performance at both ends of the pitch to garner 3 points. Back to back wins on the road would do wonders for automatic promotion prospects. Fingers tightly crossed and please lets finish with 11 players on the pitch!

Barrett must start this game, regardles of their league position this will still be a tough game as it was last season. Barrett has the experience as does Prosser so he should also feature. If not then Thompson and Barrett would be fine

Bentley
White Thompson/Prosser Barrett Coker
Worrall Timlin Lenny Atkinson
Pig and Cassidy

Barrett must start this game, regardles of their league position this will still be a tough game as it was last season. Barrett has the experience as does Prosser so he should also feature. If not then Thompson and Barrett would be fine

Bentley
Pig and Cassidy

I'm with him .......... errhhh, unless Elliot Lee suddenly appears in the number 84 shirt ..........

Bentley
Pig and Cassidy

Even injured? :winking:...........this doesn't sound too hopeful.............
Chris Phillips @CJPhillips1982 · 31 min il y a 31 minutes

Adam Barrett and Kevan Hurst have yet to train this week.

Bentley
White Thompson Prosser Coker
Timlin Leonard Atkinson Worrall
Piggott Cassidy

Smith, Binnon-Williams, Corr, Payne, Barrett, Coulthirt, Hurst

I'm heading down there Friday afternoon, few beers in the evening, anyone else doing the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back