• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

AndyT

Lord of the Reedy River
I know it's early to start this up, but I'm guessing a big crowd is expected.

Any word on the street as to whether there will be a better police presence in the ground, this time?

On the playing front, I can't see any changes to the side after yesterday.

I know it's early to start this up, but I'm guessing a big crowd is expected.

Any word on the street as to whether there will be a better police presence in the ground, this time?

On the playing front, I can't see any changes to the side after yesterday.

Yes bold decision by Brown yesterday one which I don't think anyone would have predicted with Hurst and Kamara starting.
Interesting that Bolger goes from being preferred central partner for Barrett to not even on the bench . Was he injured?
I hope that PB keeps the same line up for Saturday and perhaps bring on Macca for Hurst if he is not perform at home. Hoping for a 2.0 victory again and continue our good performances against top sides.

This has been a long awaited "must see" home fixture for me. I've been really looking forward to it since the fixture lists were announced, I would say I put it at number 2 on the list, behind the Essex derby game and ahead of the Millwall game.

I think it will be our first 9,000 crowd of the season (I dont think it will be another 10k crowd though). From what I have read on another forum by a Gills fan, they have sold 1000 tickets as of last Friday, no update since then though, most think they will bring 1,500 of their 2,000 allocation due to their recent run of poor results, however what with their win yesterday & their return to form, as well as their planned upcoming game V Walsall being postponed, might just have boosted their numbers a little for the trip to Roots Hall.
Chris's clever ticket data thing, says we have already sold just over 5,600 odd home tickets with a week to go, either which way, it should be a cracking atmosphere come kick off.

In terms of line up's, I would say, "same again please Phil"... If it aint broken, dont try to fix it.... However this is Mr Tinkerman were talking about, so I half expect a completely different 11 players coming out of the tunnel. :smile:

Ok I will just say to those saying 'same again phil' do not dare come on here if we lose and bemoan formations tactics blah blah blah. Personally I would play Timlin from the start in this one. Time for the dogs of war.

Really looking forward to this one, not many seats left in the East stand. Will be bringing a mate who is a Gills season ticket holder and got me a freebie ticket at Priestfields, He admits we were much the better side there and were robbed in the last minute by the rather lucky long distance swerver fom Lofts and a debatable faux pas by Bentley. Gills area young pacey side, we will need to watch out for Dacks again, their talented and energetic midfielder with 13 goals to his name!
Still hope for yet more bragging rights as I still suffer from the 8-1 drubbing some years back

I think Brown got it spot on yesterday but Barnsley and gillingham are complete different teams, however I would probably swap Kamara for Timlin the reason being, Kamara is great on the ball but as he fatigued he started getting beaten easy, and started giving sloppy passes away, I think he would be better suited to the role Timlin played yesterday to be honest.

5,600 so far according to http://southend.cstevens.me/HGIL15 - that's normal home tickets only (excludes hospitality, away tickets etc).

Chris, We are all big fans of your computer wizardry, I have noticed that the Gillingham game is the last one in the current list on your site, is there any chance you could extend them to the last few remaining home games of the season, when you get a chance.

Chris, We are all big fans of your computer wizardry, I have noticed that the Gillingham game is the last one in the current list on your site, is there any chance you could extend them to the last few remaining home games of the season, when you get a chance.

YqzYoIr.png
:thumbsup:

Dacks is out for a few more weeks with a hamstring injury, Egan and McDonald are longer term absentees which is probably why they've had a poor run lately. No cause for complacency though.

Dacks is out for a few more weeks with a hamstring injury, Egan and McDonald are longer term absentees which is probably why they've had a poor run lately. No cause for complacency though.

It looks like their Captain Doug Loft is most likely going to miss the game also, as he was seen leaving the stadium on crutches after the Crewe game.

Other current doubtfuls for Gillingham are:

Adam El-Abd / Defender
Ryan Jackson / Right Back
Elliot List / Midfielder

Full story here:

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/sport/injury-concern-for-gills-skipper-92585/

That is so flash, I'm jealous! Anyone think this ought to be a 'Sticky'?

Yep, defo. Great idea :thumbsup:

It would give us all easier access to live ticket info on this site, as apose to us all indivdually saving it independantly and searching for it in our favourites file on our own pc's, laptops, tablets etc.

Hi all, gills can here.

We're also looking forward to this one.. Paeticulay given the northern nature of this division. The club are really pushing this one and are trying to sell all 2000 allocated tickets. (#2ktoRH on Twitter (pretty awful hash tag but nevermind!)). If we sell all of these, is that the entire end?

As pointed out, we have been decimated by I injuries the last month with key players out, hence the dip in form. However, we picked up a good 3 points on Saturday and will be looking to build on that. I would be very happy with a point.

What about you guys? Great win for you.

Hi all, gills can here.

We're also looking forward to this one.. Paeticulay given the northern nature of this division. The club are really pushing this one and are trying to sell all 2000 allocated tickets. (#2ktoRH on Twitter (pretty awful hash tag but nevermind!)). If we sell all of these, is that the entire end?

As pointed out, we have been decimated by I injuries the last month with key players out, hence the dip in form. However, we picked up a good 3 points on Saturday and will be looking to build on that. I would be very happy with a point.

What about you guys? Great win for you.

2,000 would give you the whole end with one section closed off for segregation.

The fella who scored the first goal yesterday for you guys looks a bit useful.

Good win for us and if we turn up again Saturday, could be a fierce old derby! :thumbsup:

Welcome to the forum UTG,

Yes, I would say we are all looking forward to this Saturday's match, particually as the last one at Priestfield earlier in the season was eventful to say the least.

In terms of attendance, I would imagine it would be around a 9,000 crowd, and will be most likely the last "big gate" before the end of the season. Myself personally prefer the Southend V Gillingham game more than playing Millwall, and almost on par with our bitter rivals Col Ewe, mainly because we are both clubs of a similar size attendance, size stadium & have many players and managers interlinked between the two clubs over the years. Some think of it as a "South East" Derby.. "One Team In Essex" V "One Team In Kent" so to speak... if you know our chant?... Actually in your case there actually is only one team in Kent right?... Although Dover look like a prospect to get promoted to Division 2 next season at this stage.

Your form has been pretty much consistent all season, being in the auto's or there abouts, but have dipped in form of late, until your win at Crewe on Saturday, ours on the other hand has been more inconsistent, basically threatning the play off's but not quite good enough,.... close.. but no cigar as they say, although (fingers crossed) we will go on a winning streak in the last few games, as we did last season.

I think the game could go either way to be honest, if we played like we did on Saturday against Barnsley, we could walk it (especially with your list of injury woes that you currently have, makes me think it's a blessing the fixture is happening this weekend before they recover).

However if we slip back to our old ways, we could be in real trouble against you guys, we are more or less equal in terms of conceeding goals this season (our boss Phil does love a "clean sheet menatality") however you have the edge in the scoring stakes (perhaps alot of that is to do with your guy Dack? who is hopefully still out injured come Saturday, as he seems to be a real threat). Us on the other hand, dont really have what you would call an "out & out" striker in the team, but we have been fortunate to be getting goals from all positions, we have had 19 different players getting on the goal sheet so far this season, which I would imagine makes it difficult for the opposition to try and anaylse who would be a threat.

Anyway, so on that basis, im going to go for an "Honours Even" result and yet another 1-1 draw.

Hope you sell out your 2,000 allocation by match day, if not, it will be a great atmosphere anyway, The target to beat so far is 1792 (as I believe 1791 is our biggest away gate this season so far from Coventry).

Back