• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend United reaches New York!

Just spoke to the owner of this bar , Legends Football Factory, near Times Square, New York, and sold the Southend story. He now owns this Southend shirt, and it's proudly displayed at the bar as a permanent fixture. Has a better spot than the Newcastle shirt! Lol

If you come to New York, come find the bar!20240825_171431.jpg

Attachments

• 20240825_171557.jpg
    20240825_171557.jpg
    300.6 KB · Views: 130
Last edited by a moderator:
I think I watched us lose a play-off semi-final to Doncaster in that bar in 2008 with two other Shrimpers who were based in New York at the time!

I remember watching the game at Donny, I took my two kids out of school early and drove up for the game. We were hoping to overturn a 0:1 first leg at RH, but got thumped 5:1 . I think the biggest memory of the game was after the final whistle and the respect the Donny players and fans gave to the Shrimpers away support. They were full of admiration for our unwavering support of our team even in the face of a Semi final defeat.

Can’t wait to get back to the days of crunch matches in Play offs or cups, great days even if the results didn’t always drop our way.

I remember watching the game at Donny, I took my two kids out of school early and drove up for the game. We were hoping to overturn a 0:1 first leg at RH, but got thumped 5:1 . I think the biggest memory of the game was after the final whistle and the respect the Donny players and fans gave to the Shrimpers away support. They were full of admiration for our unwavering support of our team even in the face of a Semi final defeat.

Can’t wait to get back to the days of crunch matches in Play offs or cups, great days even if the results didn’t always drop our way.
Actually it’s was 0-0 in first leg. Walker hit the bar after 10 minutes, then suddenly we got over run before half time as we was 3-0 down.

Back