• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United fan explains why he's boycotting matches at Roots Hall

Yes you are entitled to your opinion but clearly over 5000 other Shrimpers dont think the same.So if you arent coming to Roots Hall presume your are going to demonstrate outside Ron's house this Saturday instead
Hopefully we will see/hear you at Dagenham and Dorking in the coming days

This thread will just turn into people digging this poor fella out for having an opinion he is very entitled to have. I've pretty much stopped posting on here for the past 2/3 weeks due to the responses my messages get and it was starting to get very personal for me just having an opinion, one of which I've held for nigh on 2 years now.

Kev

There will be people on this forum who will actually share the sentiments of the gentleman in the article, but will simply keep those thoughts to themselves to avoid conflict with others.

Its a fact of life that people choose to deal with issues or conflicts in different ways, maybe not necessarily how you or I would deal with it, but nevertheless their views and expressions have a right to be heard and their decision respected.

Each to their own, but not going simply to avoid "putting money in Ron's pockets" is misguided and naive. First and foremost matchday money will be used to cover matchday costs which are not inconsiderable. I would imagine any amounts left over will be used by CEO to pay whatever bills are most pressing. I rather doubt the 'Benfleet Builder' will be quashing Champagne and scoffing on caviar with Saturdays proceeds come Saturday evening.

It’s everyone’s duty to turn up, end of. Boys need our support.
No they don’t, they have a duty to do what is right for them personally. Purple may not agree but it is each persons own choice. What ever anyone decides doesn't are them any less of a fan and doesn't mean they are not supporting the team

No they don’t, they have a duty to do what is right for them personally. Purple may not agree but it is each persons own choice. What ever anyone decides doesn't are them any less of a fan and doesn't mean they are not supporting the team
Totally - everyone is entitled to do how they wish and we should not disrespect others views or opinions.
It would certainly be a boring world if we all thought and acted the same but, we all have the one same desired wish that involves a little weasel

Reactions: TJC
There are too many fans that seem content in sticking their heads in the sand. We need to force RM out. This will not be done just by going to games and praying for a miracle to happen.
Comments such "it's everyone's duty to turn up, end of..." are pathetic.
We will not have a team to support if we carry on with the status quo.

In my opinion the trust should have organised a protest outside the ground, prior to or during the game.

There are too many fans that seem content in sticking their heads in the sand. We need to force RM out. This will not be done just by going to games and praying for a miracle to happen.
Comments such "it's everyone's duty to turn up, end of..." are pathetic.
We will not have a team to support if we carry on with the status quo.

In my opinion the trust should have organised a protest outside the ground, prior to or during the game.

Of course we need to force Ron out.

He needs to go. End of, but I'm not sure how not going to roots hall makes that happen..

The funds are frozen and are being watched. He can't get to it for personal gain.

So at the moment, all you are doing is not supporting the team on the pitch.

I had the same dilema myself but ultimately didn't want Ron to ruin my love of the club and my Saturday afternoons.

I can see both sides of the argument yes kev and the boys need all the support they can get those who wish to go will go those who are fed up with what’s gone on at the club for many years and don’t want to go wont no one should be trying to influence other people’s minds to go either way we all have a choice what we want to do and will do so I wont be going because of my lifestyle I can’t

Stay united

Of course we need to force Ron out.

He needs to go. End of, but I'm not sure how not going to roots hall makes that happen..

The funds are frozen and are being watched. He can't get to it for personal gain.

So at the moment, all you are doing is not supporting the team on the pitch.

I had the same dilema myself but ultimately didn't want Ron to ruin my love of the club and my Saturday afternoons.
He hasn’t and won’t ruin my love for the club whether I go or not

Back