• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United close to naming new goalkeeping coach

But we don’t tend to hear much anyways, so no different from normal.

Under PB, he loved a soundbite and would speak to Chris Phillips and there would be lots of articles about what he is after, who he is talking to (without naming names) etc. whereas Kev keeps his cards close to his chest.

99.99% of Twitter transfer rumour accounts are nonsense, and the respectable ones won’t cover the National League. In terms of names, London Shrimper is your one to follow on here (but posts rarely) or Twitter.

CP doesn’t announce much in terms of who we are speaking to either because Kev doesn’t let him know, or because he has been asked not too.

I feel like some leaks are being plugged at the club, but I still hear bits and pieces but also hear from outside the club too.

I’ve said the positions Kev wants to strengthen, and ideally how many he’d bring in, but obviously budgets do come into it.

Also, I feel like taking some of these players on trial suggests we’ve missed out on our top targets in some areas. Would Pedder be on trial if we’d secured our number 1 attacking midfielder option? I’d suggest not. Maybe we’ve missed out on options two and three, I don’t know.

Also, in terms of a goalkeeper, looking at the two we’ve had on trial, both have a bit of pedigree and could make a case of them being a number 1. Like the Arsenal lad, would he go from being in the Arsenal squad to warming the bench at National League level? I wonder if we get in a goalkeeper coach separate to another goalkeeper, one who could be a number 1 as and when Collin moves on, gets injured or whatever.

Work is still ongoing to strengthen the squad, and I think we will get another 1 or 2 in before the York game, but it’s a balancing act.

An example, Cardwell had a contract, had a storming season last year and got a new contract. It would be naive to think he’d have taken a pay cut or been on the same money, so that would eat into the budget. Same as GSM. Bridge & Ralph probably got pay increases for signing “proper” contracts as a thank you for being non-contract initially. So whilst we haven’t replaced all the players we’ve lost, we’d have used up some of that budget in securing new deals for existing players.

Yes, yes we will.

Couple of articles about his time at Bristol Rovers

It seems like the Bristol Rovers manager (who was appointed midseason) brought in Scott Brown who he worked with previously as part of a coaching staff reshuffle that also saw Kevin Bond depart.

Back