• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United boss Kevin Maher says Dan Mooney has big part to play

Against Oldham he seemed anything but bent on leaving. Even if he’s putting himself in the shop window it can only bode well for us. He’s a lad clearly who has a lot of talent. One of the most pleasing things for me was seeing him come on, score and celebrate as he did.

Maybe he’s the ace up Kev’s sleeve.

Against Oldham he seemed anything but bent on leaving. Even if he’s putting himself in the shop window it can only bode well for us. He’s a lad clearly who has a lot of talent. One of the most pleasing things for me was seeing him come on, score and celebrate as he did.
definite team spirit there, even if its 'them(Ron) against us'

Perhaps Tottenham are after a replacement for Harry Kane and have put in a bid for a couple of million, thus ensuring Southend have a season to play?

On a serious note, really hope he stays and kicks on. Possibly a confidence player and when its going well it all just clicks. When its not it takes a while to get your head out of that space where your confidence is low.

Perhaps Tottenham are after a replacement for Harry Kane and have put in a bid for a couple of million, thus ensuring Southend have a season to play?

On a serious note, really hope he stays and kicks on. Possibly a confidence player and when its going well it all just clicks. When its not it takes a while to get your head out of that space where your confidence is low.
I think there is a real benefit of keeping together a good squad that gels and intimately understands both the tactics and each others games. Out of adversity perhaps.., but then add 6 quality/good signings… we are not in a bad place IF…

So he’s had a u-turn about leaving?

Great news if true as there’s a quality player in there somewhere.

@BoyWonder2 you heard anything similar?

I haven’t, but I haven’t spoken to my people for a couple of weeks on this stuff. I mean I’ve spoken of them, just not about football as I’ve had a few other more important things crop up.

I’ve always wanted him to stay, and the last I heard was his tribunal was postponed, so it’s a huge change of heart if he has decided to stay.

I haven’t, but I haven’t spoken to my people for a couple of weeks on this stuff. I mean I’ve spoken of them, just not about football as I’ve had a few other more important things crop up.

I’ve always wanted him to stay, and the last I heard was his tribunal was postponed, so it’s a huge change of heart if he has decided to stay.
Ah yes, forgive me - congrats on the new arrival.
Thanks for your comment though ☺️

Are you trying to say the birth of your child is more important then whether Mooney stays?

Boywonder out...

Back