• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 4-2 Boreham Wood

Cricko

Zone Owner ⭐⭐🦐
Staff member
A great first half from the Blues who finally showed Boring Wood how to play the game. Not such a great second half where we got a bit sloppy at first but managed to regain our composure. Waldron my MOTM.

The unbeaten run of 13 games continues, not that is matters much, but it will be good to at least finish the season on a high.

Last edited:
I got beguiled by a 3-0 lead that looked as if it could go on to be six.
Reckon that B Wood goal straight after the break made it a bit of a slug fest.
Remember, they won the second half 2-1.
We did a good job for all that on the poorest BW side I can remember.
Thought Morton had his best game yet; think Ralph has to be player-of-the-season even though he missed nearly two months in Sept/Oct.
Waldron looks as if he could be big for us next campaign.
Coker instead of Wood? Kev knows more than I do. If there was one player who was never on it, it was the former.

At last we have been allowed to see just what our coaches have known, Waldron was a class act, who, with two assists, had a fabulous first half. I said earlier that when this bloke is full time training fit, and has a full pre season under his belt, he will rip up this league.

I would have liked it if we had totally destroyed the Wood but there you go, and to be fair to them they certainly gave it a go second half, but their defence was totally toilet. I would also have liked it if the NL Streaming service had delivered uninterrupted coverage of the game - not a chance, it was up there with the Wood defence, at times it disappeared.

Keep going Blues, keep winning games and who knows where that will lead (probably 8th place knowing us).

Welcome to NLTV support.

We want to thank you for getting in touch today.

In the meantime, we have gathered the most common queries that you, the fans are asking us today and included them in this email, but if after reading you still can't find what you are after, please reply to this email and we will respond ASAP.
*Please don't create another email/ticket as this may delay someone responding to you

Most queries can be solved quickly and easily. Have a look at the FAQs below and your question may already have been answered - https://www.nationalleaguetv.com/faqs

National League TV SEASON 2023/24

• The fixture list on the home page will only show games available in your region. If a game is not shown in the fixture list, it is not available where you live.
  • Games taking place during UEFA Blocked Hours (generally kicking off at 3pm) are available outside the UK, Republic of Ireland, Isle of Man and Channel Islands only.
  • Fixtures taking place at all other times (e.g. midweeks) are available to view worldwide.
  • BT Sport games may be made available internationally depending on local arrangements

What time do the broadcasts start?

Broadcasts generally become ‘live’ approximately 30 minutes before kick-off to ensure you are connected correctly.
Coverage starts just before kick-off.
The broadcast package includes single-camera coverage and graphics.
Commentary is the responsibility of the individual clubs and will be provided where available.

I want to cancel my monthly/annual recurring subscription (this can ONLY be done on the website)
Match passes will automatically expire and do not need to be cancelled.

If you have an auto-renewing pass (e.g. monthly or annual) you can cancel your account by navigating to the Packages page, then clicking the 'Manage Subscriptions' button.

Am I entitled to a refund if my game has been postponed?
Requests for refunds will be considered using the below policy.

Postponed Matches
If a match is postponed without sufficient notice of cancellation (two hours of the scheduled kick-off time), customers who have indicated they are a supporter of an affected team will receive a voucher code for a free future Match Pass.
If a match is postponed with sufficient notice of cancellation (two hours or more before the scheduled kick-off time), customers will not be entitled to a refund or voucher.
Abandoned Matches
If a match is abandoned for any reason at or before the half-time period, customers who have indicated they are a supporter of an affected team will receive a voucher code for a free future Match Pass.
If a match is abandoned for any reason after the half-time period, customers will not be entitled to a refund or voucher.
Non-fulfilment of Video Images
If a customer is without video images for more than thirty percent of a game, customers who have indicated they are a supporter if an affected team will receive a voucher code for a free future Match Pass.

If a customer is without video images for thirty percent or less of a game, customers will not be entitled to a refund or voucher.
In no other circumstances can money be refunded or voucher codes issued.

If you’ve tried the above to no effect, or if your query is related to something else, please reply to this email and we’ll be in touch to help. Please do not create a new ticket – simply reply to this email.
Please note we only deal with and respond to queries relating to the live video and audio service.

Thanks,

The NLTV Team

Welcome to NLTV support.

We want to thank you for getting in touch today.

In the meantime, we have gathered the most common queries that you, the fans are asking us today and included them in this email, but if after reading you still can't find what you are after, please reply to this email and we will respond ASAP.
*Please don't create another email/ticket as this may delay someone responding to you

Most queries can be solved quickly and easily. Have a look at the FAQs below and your question may already have been answered - https://www.nationalleaguetv.com/faqs

National League TV SEASON 2023/24

• The fixture list on the home page will only show games available in your region. If a game is not shown in the fixture list, it is not available where you live.
  • Games taking place during UEFA Blocked Hours (generally kicking off at 3pm) are available outside the UK, Republic of Ireland, Isle of Man and Channel Islands only.
  • Fixtures taking place at all other times (e.g. midweeks) are available to view worldwide.
  • BT Sport games may be made available internationally depending on local arrangements

What time do the broadcasts start?

Broadcasts generally become ‘live’ approximately 30 minutes before kick-off to ensure you are connected correctly.
Coverage starts just before kick-off.
The broadcast package includes single-camera coverage and graphics.
Commentary is the responsibility of the individual clubs and will be provided where available.

I want to cancel my monthly/annual recurring subscription (this can ONLY be done on the website)
Match passes will automatically expire and do not need to be cancelled.

If you have an auto-renewing pass (e.g. monthly or annual) you can cancel your account by navigating to the Packages page, then clicking the 'Manage Subscriptions' button.

Am I entitled to a refund if my game has been postponed?
Requests for refunds will be considered using the below policy.

Postponed Matches
If a match is postponed without sufficient notice of cancellation (two hours of the scheduled kick-off time), customers who have indicated they are a supporter of an affected team will receive a voucher code for a free future Match Pass.
If a match is postponed with sufficient notice of cancellation (two hours or more before the scheduled kick-off time), customers will not be entitled to a refund or voucher.
Abandoned Matches
If a match is abandoned for any reason at or before the half-time period, customers who have indicated they are a supporter of an affected team will receive a voucher code for a free future Match Pass.
If a match is abandoned for any reason after the half-time period, customers will not be entitled to a refund or voucher.
Non-fulfilment of Video Images
If a customer is without video images for more than thirty percent of a game, customers who have indicated they are a supporter if an affected team will receive a voucher code for a free future Match Pass.

If a customer is without video images for thirty percent or less of a game, customers will not be entitled to a refund or voucher.
In no other circumstances can money be refunded or voucher codes issued.

If you’ve tried the above to no effect, or if your query is related to something else, please reply to this email and we’ll be in touch to help. Please do not create a new ticket – simply reply to this email.
Please note we only deal with and respond to queries relating to the live video and audio service.

Thanks,

The NLTV Team
Amazing their T&C's reckon missing a third of a game does NOT warrant compo. Cheek!

Fantastic first half where we retained possession well and played on the front foot , Waldrons pace and Cardwells determination put Woods defence all at sea, we matched them physically as well with Miley , Morton and Coker snapping away in midfield, the 3 goals were really well worked and would have looked at place in league one .
Special mention for Taylor , kensdale and Ralph who must be collectively the most lightweight and smallest back trio in the league but boy did they step up and play with aggression and didn’t lose many duels against a front two who looked a couple of units .
Second half wood came at us and a slightly fortunate goal got their tails up and to be fair they huffed and puffed but it always looked like the blues had another gear if pushed .

Was an enjoyable game and that starting 11 would of been nailed on for promotion had we been able to field that quality all season , such a shame there wasn’t another 3 extra games to this season as we are bang in form and no team would have wanted to come to the hall in the play offs

We didn’t rely on bridge the whole game today and Morton ignored the easy pass to him on a number of occasions to speed the game up and get it into the front twos feet and it looked a wise choice as it didn’t give them a chance to regroup and get back into a defensive shape/unit.

MOTM Waldron

Last edited:
Todays type of performance is how I would like to structure our approach to next season, high scoring but also understanding we may concede a few with our attacking play style. I understand why Maher is keen on a passing style of football but today was different, instead of our usual simple football we were a lot braver in possession and played in the pockets dissecting their midfield which was a complete miss today. Morton and Miley had a blinder together and controlled the pace of the game brilliantly (especially in the second half when BW looked slightly more threatening). But we also played the channels well and gave ourselves more options instead of hitting the wings 9/10 times.

Especially giving credit to Morton who was everywhere today and given he is still adapting to this league, he will certainly be a handful next year. Defence was solid on the whole minus a few weak goals conceded, Bridge had a blinding game but I feel the MOTM should have gone to Waldron, really made himself a handful with his pure power and desire to chase and press the opposition defence, I have no doubts he will be key to our season next year once he adapts to full time football, gets a pre-season in and to really nail on his sharpness, and his end product today was superb. Cardwell also good as usual as well as the rest of them in fairness.

6,800 for a dead rubber game is still some turnout and you have no idea how happy I am to see Boreham Wood where they are, the football they play has always been a disrespect to this league and they have got away with it for far too long.

13 unbeaten and most likely going to finish on a 70+ point season under our conditions is brilliant.. long may this continue.

Last edited:
Should JB have allowed Waldron to take the penalty, or should we stick with our regular pen taker?

Todays type of performance is how I would like to structure our approach to next season, high scoring but also understanding we may concede a few with our attacking play style. I understand why Maher is keen on a passing style of football but today was different, instead of our usual simple football we were a lot braver in possession and played in the pockets dissecting their midfield which was a complete miss today. Morton and Miley had a blinder together and controlled the pace of the game brilliantly (especially in the second half when BW looked slightly more threatening). But we also played the channels well and gave ourselves more options instead of hitting the wings 9/10 times.

Especially giving credit to Morton who was everywhere today and given he is still adapting to this league, he will certainly be a handful next year. Defence was solid on the whole minus a few weak goals conceded, Bridge had a blinding game but I feel the MOTM should have gone to Waldron, really made himself a handful with his pure power and desire to chase and press the opposition defence, I have no doubts he will be key to our season next year once he adapts to full time football, gets a pre-season in and to really nail on his sharpness, and his end product today was superb. Cardwell also good as usual as well as the rest of them in fairness.

6,800 for a dead rubber game is still some turnout and you have no idea how happy I am to see Boreham Wood where they are, the football they play has always been a disrespect to this league and they have got away with it for far too long.

13 unbeaten and most likely going to finish on a 70+ point season under our conditions is brilliant.. long may this continue.
Agreed, I do hope Boringwood fall through the trap door ****ers.

Waldron my man of the match. Had his best game for the club. Didn’t score but made three of the goals. He benefitted from being a bit fresher but he also looked a bit stronger and faster than when he first signed. Like Dackers that’s a promising sign. It’s been a while since we actually improved players but Maher and co have managed it with several of the current side (Andeng Ndi, Kensdale, Cardwell etc are all much better players than when signed).

We got off to a fast start that was reminiscent of the Bond era but this time we were the ones dishing it out. Waldron did superbly in the touchline near the half way line and raced through, he tried to cut the ball back to Cardwell who couldn’t get there but Gus could for his 7th of the season.

Minutes later he was doing it down the other touchline, this time beating Ashmore to the ball (would people still prefer him to Collin?) and then floating over a cross for Morton to head home.

Bridge then made it three nil with our third goal in fifteen minutes, like Gus crashing home. At that point Borehamwood fans started leaving the stadium. I couldn’t really blame them. We’ve been there and it’s not easy seeing a team in the relegation zone fall behind 3-0.

At this point Borehamwood tried to take the sting out of it with a couple of stoppages for injuries. Old habits die hard.

Second half they started brightly and got one back but Waldron helped restore the three goal cushion winning a penalty after he was sandwiched following a Coker through ball. Bridge finished emphatically into the roof of the net: Ashmore’s save of his penalty last season cost us a playoff spot so this was a form of redemption. Borehamwood responded almost immediately with a header from a corner to reduce it to 4-2 but this one was never really in doubt despite some erratic refereeing.

After the Oxford game I said that was the type of performance you get at the start of 14 match unbeaten runs. I’m pleased that turned out to be prophetic. At the time people were worrying about relegation but we’re now just six points off the play-offs.

The margins between success and failure are quite narrow. A few more points here and there and we would against all odds be looking at a playoff place despite a 10 point deduction and despite having started the season under a 6 month long embargo that took half a season to clear.

I think above all what we struggled with - and what I think a fair few of the teams who will go down have also struggled with - is depth. That should be fixable if the sale goes through….

Back