• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 1-2 Rochdale

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
Well that's it for the season, one that started with the threat of us being in administration and ending with us just missing out on the play-offs due to one mans incompetence.

It has been such hard work for everybody from the club staff,management team, players, the consortium and the fans who were all paramount in saving the club.

In some ways it would of been hard to to go any further this season when all have given so much and that we can only be thankful for.

Roll on next year with a few changes and the club finally changing hands we can at last look forward,

Todays game Meh, it wasn't meant to be and it does not matter.

We are the Mighty Blues we will be back soon.

Christ imagine how we’d feel if the other results had gone our way. Disappointing end (our result I mean) to the season but that can’t take away the incredible effort everyone at the club has put in this season. They’ve made us proud again. Bring on next season.

Disappointing ending to what’s been a great season. This is a team that’s deserving of a place in the playoffs and if it weren’t for that cretinous owner of ours and the league wanting to make an example out of us.. we’d have comfortably been in them. That said, we’ll be the team to beat next season I’m sure of it. Have a good summer off everyone.

We were really poor today.

Poor decisions making all over the pitch today by too many players.

We've had a great season and to finish where we did was a miracle. It's a shame that we couldn't take the unbeaten run into next season.

We will go again next season in what will not be an easy division. Clubs like Rochdale and Hartlepool will strengthen as will the unsuccessful play off losers. We'll need to be ready for it.

UTB!

It's been a great season under the circumstances.

No regrets at all as far as playing staff are concerned.

Ron beat us, not the other teams in this division, we earnt a play off place, Ron took it away off the pitch.

Five Rs for me from now until next August;

Rest, Recuperate, Rebuild, Reinforce and Romp to the title next season!

UTB

Only watching on TV but it felt like once Halifax scored the crowd went quiet and the players could feel the atmosphere had dropped, the first 20 mins were very positive but we struggled after that. Fair play to Rochdale for the win (although I doubt Kev would have allowed that much space at the back under normal circumstances) but I didn't think there was much between us today.

The priority next season is squad depth, our starting XI look like promotion material but it's very rare that I look at the bench and think "he's a game changer", Powell did it a bit before his injury but that's about it. I think we'll need at least 2 midfielders and a striker to challenge for the title next year, maybe a wing-back as well.

Well that wasn’t in the script. Mind you, going into the last game of the season with an outside chance of playoffs wasn’t either.

I thought we were below par today. Not that it mattered. Once the Halifax score filtered through, everyone seemed to fade away, the crowd included.

I won’t dwell on today’s result. It is what it is.

Looking forward to what we can do with a full preseason and to improve on the play off squad we already have. Today was always going to be a tough ask and full credit to Dale for their performance today.

We were our own worst enemies today. Six passes on the edge of our own box to get nowhere or worse put us in trouble.

Still I've saved on paying for another flight for the play off final. 😁😁

Big hopes, out of the blocks quickly, then faded until late in the second half.

Other results meant it wasn’t to be, Rochdale imo were the better team on the day

Awaiting season ticket news, take over completion

Back