• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend Theme Music.

... In anticipation of perhaps a final match and perhaps play offs some of us might like to blare out the anthem from ouir cars/ houses,though panned by some, created by Mssr Alderton et al.
is there any chance that the club website can offer it for download?
...and no being greedy and asking for a ridiculous amount either!
rock.gif
biggrin.gif

Maybe dig out that Southend on sea song from about 6 years ago too.
etc

Bollox - if we're going to have a decent anthem this year at least get some decent talent to put one together that is a) good, b) relevant c) a proper anthem that the fans can use.

Alison Moyet anyone ?

Or even better I can see it now - ORM and Emma Bunton on Top of the Pops leading the introduction rendition (to the tune of Ossie's Dream) :
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

"Maher's going to Cardiff
His willy's going very stiff
Come on you Blues, Come on you Blues................"

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Feb. 16 2005,12:37)]Bollox - if we're going to have a decent anthem this year at least get some decent talent to put one together that is a) good, b) relevant c) a proper anthem that the fans can use.

Alison Moyet anyone ?

Or even better I can see it now - ORM and Emma Bunton on Top of the Pops leading the introduction rendition (to the tune of Ossie's Dream) :
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

"Maher's going to Cardiff
His willy's going very stiff
Come on you Blues, Come on you Blues................"
I think his lack of penetration could be a problem, ORM...

oops.gif

Tried to get that Terry Alderton and the guy from Bell & Spurling song "Southend Till I Die" last season from the club shop, and no joy! Even said over the tannoy last season that it was gonna be available from the club shop!

Would be good if we used the same song, and it being made available for release on C.D.

Would also be good to see it on the shelves of HMV and Virgin in the town.

UP THE BLUES!

PS what is that tune we play at home matches sometimes before Bolero (the Moulin Rouge track).
Sounds like a tune from a film! Its excellent! the tune is very similar to a Lord Of The Rings tune!

It's the last song on the first Matrix album, I forget what it's called...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Feb. 16 2005,15:28)]'Wake Up' by Rage Against The Machine
Cheers Dudey, i'll go look for it!

I seem to remember they first played it at Roots Hall the night of the 2nd leg against Col Ewe in the LDV and it sounded superb!

Up the Blues!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Feb. 16 2005,15:28)]'Wake Up' by Rage Against The Machine
No, its not that tune.

The tune i'm on about is very orchestral, like it could be from Gladiator or Lord Of The Rings!

I think they should be playing "Ain't No Stopping Us" by Ollie & Jerry!!

WS

biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

The best tune played down at the Hall has to be "We are the Champions" by Queen, after we had beaten Col U over the two legged LDV Area Final.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ Feb. 16 2005,20:04)]The best tune played down at the Hall has to be "We are the Champions" by Queen, after we had beaten Col U over the two legged LDV Area Final.
Much prefered it when it was played after the Rochdale game in 1981 ...

WS

wink.gif

Back