• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend Saxons 16 wins in a row.

THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK

Life President⭐⭐🦐
In the rugby union, Southend Saxons made it an unbelievable 16 wins in succession after coming back from 18-0 down, to win 35-25 away against Chelmsford. Southend Saxons remain top of the Regional Two Anglia table, six points clear of Eton Manor who they take on in their next match a week on Saturday. That should be some game between the two teams dominating the league.

SOUTHEND Saxons moved another step nearer the Regional Two Anglia title with a 17-10 win at second placed Harlow on Saturday.
The victory, which was Southend’s 18th in a row, moved them 10 points clear at the top of the table with just three games to go.

Been a remarkable season for them and no reason why they shouldn’t finish-off their season with three more wins.
In the league immediately above, with 3 games to go Westcliff are 12th and bottom and Rochford are in 11th place

Last edited:
“Yesterdays victory over Brentwood means that The Saxons became champions of Anglia division 2 and that they will be promoted to Regional 1 South East next season. Despite there being two more games this season our nearest rivals Eaton Manor are 10 points behind so that even if we ended up with the same points as them (unlikely) we would progress having won more games”

Saxons finished-off the regular season today with a 41-13 win over Woodford for a 21st consecutive victory.

Southend Saxons 32-22 Royal Wootton Bassett
Att: 400+

Southend through to the final of the Papa-Johns Trophy at Twickenham next week with an enjoyable win against RWB a town I used to live in.

Agonizingly it now means that next Saturday Southend RFC are now playing at Twickenham and Great Wakering Rovers with be playing at Wembley stadium. Life can be so unfair!

SOUTHEND Saxons completed a stunning season with a superb 36-25 win against Northampton Old Scouts at Twickenham on Saturday.
The victory, which was Southend’s 25th in succession, came in the final of the Papa Johns Regional Two Championship.
And co-captain Ben Lloyd admitted winning at the world famous home of English rugby was the best way to end an incredible campaign.
“It was truly a brilliant day and we couldn’t have asked for a better year,” said the fly-half.
“The thing that stands out for me is the size of the travelling support.
“We had six coaches full come from the club but there was a huge amount who also went direct, it was incredible.
“At times in the game where we were having to dig really deep the noise from that part of the stand was huge and gave us massive energy.

“I’m delighted that we were able to give them what they deserve.”
Southend have already been crowned Regional Two Anglia league champions this season while their Priors side also completed a league and cup double.
But Lloyd initially struggled to recall too much of Saturday’s success.
“The game itself is a bit of a blur and I’ll need to watch it back,” said Lloyd.
“The first 20 minutes was one of the most intense physically that I’ve been in.
“Both teams were naturally pumped up by the whole thing and there was no holding back.
“We had to defend for large parts and it was just body on the line stuff.”
However, Southend were worthy winners and Lloyd was quick to praise everyone involved.
“I couldn’t be any prouder of this group," said Lloyd.
“It really has been a squad effort and a lot of boys really stepped up at key moments.
“The progress of the group over the five years that I have been at the club has been a joy to be a part of.
"It’s been an incredible season, to have gone unbeaten for 25 games is exceptional and to finish it off in that fashion at Twickenham will be hard to match.”

Back