• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

So I got my phone bill for being on hold for Chelsea tickets...

seany t

President
Comes to just over £9.

And considering I was (only) on hold for 21 minutes and made merely 15 or so attempts before that to get through, I reckon I'm by no means the worst affected.

Anyone else got theirs yet and had to put the house up for a remortgage?

Comes to just over £9.

And considering I was (only) on hold for 21 minutes and made merely 15 or so attempts before that to get through, I reckon I'm by no means the worst affected.

Anyone else got theirs yet and had to put the house up for a remortgage?

£9 is a small price to pay to see that game. Some people missed out, be grateful!

How much did it charge each time you tried?
I recon I tried near on 100 times.....

Oh bugger, never mind, at least I was there!! :)

£9 is a small price to pay to see that game. Some people missed out, be grateful!

I am very grateful I got to see the game. Well, I say see... I sat in the front row of the South Lower so I had a very good view of their 4th goal and a photographers arse.

But I don't see why I should be happy that I essentially paid a further £9 on top of the ticket price and booking fee to do so. And I imagine some folks out there have paid even more than that.

The price of the call (if you hung up when you got to the "I'm sorry but..." part) works out at around 8p a try on the weekend, and a bit more at peak time.

I am very grateful I got to see the game. Well, I say see... I sat in the front row of the South Lower so I had a very good view of their 4th goal and a photographers arse.

But I don't see why I should be happy that I essentially paid a further £9 on top of the ticket price and booking fee to do so. And I imagine some folks out there have paid even more than that.

The price of the call (if you hung up when you got to the "I'm sorry but..." part) works out at around 8p a try on the weekend, and a bit more at peak time.

£33 mine for sevral calls with the continual getting cut off after being in the queue for 10-15 minutes, to b fair afer i complained v emal they rung me but still had the cheek to charge £1.50 booking fee.

It's a fair point to say that those who got tickets should appreciate it. However, it's a bit off to have to pay such a high amount in phonecalls when it is supposedly a "local" rate, especially when most are already paying a booking fee and/or postage costs, not to mention the ticket and the actual event itself with food and drink etc. Even more wrong if the club are making anything from these calls......

Yeah that's fine if you have enough time to get to the library. If you were working all week then when would you have had a chance to do that? Plus I certainly wouldn't have trusted the ticket office to process a fax! It's a fair point about it being cheap to fax but surely the main point here is how much telephone sales actually ended up costing people. No matter what way you look at it, it's not right to be charged so much when it is suposedly local rate.

they did say though that fax and email was a better alternative to phoning and also advised people against phoning at busy times ie: first thing in the morning.

cost me about a tenner to ring up for my tickets. i would have been happy to fax/email the ticket office if i had any faith in their ability to process an order!

It's a fair point to say that those who got tickets should appreciate it. However, it's a bit off to have to pay such a high amount in phonecalls when it is supposedly a "local" rate, especially when most are already paying a booking fee and/or postage costs, not to mention the ticket and the actual event itself with food and drink etc. Even more wrong if the club are making anything from these calls......

Local rate is charged at 3.92p Monday- Friday and 0.98p for Sat & Sun - dependant on time of day of course. I think different rate run from 6am-6pm

If you call from a mobile then thats upto your Mobile opperator what they charge.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back