• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Shrimpers launch their first ever girls only development centre

18658287.jpg

SOUTHEND United have launched their first ever girls only development centre.

The centre is being run every Monday evening from 5.30pm to 7pm at Thundersley's Deanes School for female players aged between eight and 16.

And coach Tom Bailey is keen to see the centre grow.

He said: "We are hoping this is the beginning of a girl's programme at Southend United that offers both quality and depth.

"The centre runs for girls from aged eight to16 and is open to all players as we look to expand the centre.

"We look forward to welcoming more players on the programme."

To join the centre, email Tom on LeadFPCoach@southend-united.co.uk

I would have loved something like this when I was young. I was a football crazy girl in the 1980's when we were told by PE teachers that we were only allowed to play netball or hockey, and football was totally off limits. I hated both, and it set me up for a lifelong of wondering "what if..."? The chances are high that I would have been just as bad as playing football as I was the other two, but at least I would have enjoyed it!

I would have loved something like this when I was young. I was a football crazy girl in the 1980's when we were told by PE teachers that we were only allowed to play netball or hockey, and football was totally off limits. I hated both, and it set me up for a lifelong of wondering "what if..."? The chances are high that I would have been just as bad as playing football as I was the other two, but at least I would have enjoyed it!
It's great that these things are available now. The negative stigma is still apparent though.

Yesterday one of the year 3 girls said to me, "Sir, all the girls are calling me a boy because I play football." I said to the girls, "You should be thanking her! It's because of girls like her, England have actually won a tournament. You won't get that from the men!." Sufficed to say it went over their heads. I think I was comforting my own subconscious to be honest🤣

It's got a lot better but their is still a lot of work to be done.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back