• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Shrimpers boss Maher on form of goalkeeper Andeng Ndi

Genuinely believe we could upgrade fairly easily.
I know this will be seen as harsh but I think he benefitted greatly from playing behind the best defence in the league. Yes he made some good saves but the evidence is right in front of your eyes....no more best defence in front of him.y son and I have never been all in on him. Still young and plenty of time to develop but definitely a case of having to settle for a player due to previous dire situations.
Upgrade please, possibly to help his development not under the spotlight for a bit.

Find KM’a comments slightly confusing. There was one scenario today where Collin went long in the second half and KM was absolutely laying into him from the touch line and effectively telling him that he should have collected the ball and thrown it out/played it out to feet.

Our tactics seem to be about protecting/keeping the ball and you can see the way Collin plays that he hasn’t been told to “go long” when he needs to 🤔

SOUTHEND United boss Kevin Maher feels goalkeeper Collin Andeng Ndi is going through a ‘sticky spell’ of form – just like his team-mates.

Andeng Ndi produced a shaky looking display between the sticks during a 3-1 defeat to Gateshead at Roots Hall on Saturday.

And, when asked about the shot-stopper’s performance, Maher admitted he feels the keeper could do more to protect himself.

“We spoke to Collin about looking after himself sometimes,” said Maher.

“He's rolling out to someone five yards away but we said take the pressure off yourself and if you've got to go long then go long.

“Don't invite pressure on yourself because that can feed through the team.

“Sometimes the ball is better being 100 yards from your goal Collin, rather than there.

“He's a good young keeper who has had a lot of praise.

“He's going through a sticky spell which we all are but we have to stick together.

“We have to be brave, deal with it and come out the other side."

The departure of Dave Martin and then Ollie Kensdale seem to have affected Collin greatly - hopefully our new GK coach can help to restore his confidence.

Clearly low on confidence at points today yet some of our players still insisted on passing the ball to him when under pressure resulting in almost costly mistakes on a number of occasions

Steve Arnold gained us an extra 6/7 points last year, Collin will cost us 8/9 this year, far from a complete keeper and needs replacing

Personally, I think Collin's recent form is the least of our worries. He's a top young keeper who we all need to back. He'll come through this and be better for it.
I kind of agree, and I really hope you’re right. The biggest problem for me is the loss of Kensdale and inability of others (Crowther/Gubbins) to step up.

However Collin’s slump in form is alarming and he is costing us goals right now. I personally think a break from the spotlight and a chance to reset could help. Whether Maher & co think Hillson’s up to deputising, who knows? I’d like to see him start in the upcoming cup game at least.

Back