• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Shrewsbury Town 2-1 Southend United

CJPhillips1982 Chris Phillips

Sturrock: "Against 10 men and a crowd who feel hard done by it's a dangerous combination. It's like playing 12 but we didn't play well."

Sturrock added he wanted to bring on Sampson but Kalala was injured and couldn't carry on. He fears JP and Phillips could be out long term.

Sturrock: "Against 10 men and a crowd who feel hard done by it's a dangerous combination. It's like playing 12 but we didn't play well."

Sturrock added he wanted to bring on Sampson but Kalala was injured and couldn't carry on. He fears JP and Phillips could be out long term.

WAIT A MINUTE. I'm BACK. I threw a hissy fit so whatever.

Just to prove a point though. I said that Kalala could have been injured which is why Kane came on, but that was a 'brain dead' comment apparently.

Somebody described PS's team selection as 'disgraceful' HAAAaa. Calm down SUFC fans. (Maybe I should take my own advice!)

WAIT A MINUTE. I'm BACK. I threw a hissy fit so whatever.

Just to prove a point though. I said that Kalala could have been injured which is why Kane came on, but that was a 'brain dead' comment apparently.

Somebody described PS's team selection as 'disgraceful' HAAAaa. Calm down SUFC fans. (Maybe I should take my own advice!)

That wasn't your argument though was it.

In your opinion, it was more important to bring on Ferdinand instead of Sampson when chasing the game = Brain Dead

That wasn't your argument though was it.

In your opinion, it was more important to bring on Ferdinand instead of Sampson when chasing the game = Brain Dead

Hello Mighty Shrimper,

In my opinion, Dicko and Benyon are more than adequate in attack when chasing the game, both who can score.
Kane has scored some good and important goals, he also is able to move the ball and add a bit of energy to the mix.
And as Kalala was infact injured it made even more sense.

Mohsni Bilel being pushed up the field, Gilbert being moved to centre back and Martin being moved to left back was the tactics of choice, which made sense as Mohsni adds a huge threat to set pieces and just general play.

You must agree that bringing on an 18 year old who has played 10 minutes from us, would maybe not be the best option for him and us.
However I'd like him to start next week!

From your brain dead chum.

OBD!

Hello Mighty Shrimper,

In my opinion, Dicko and Benyon are more than adequate in attack when chasing the game, both who can scored.
Kane has scored some good and important goals, he also is able to move the ball and add a bit of energy to the mix.
And as Kalala was infact injured it made even more sense.

Mohsni Bilel being pushed up the field, Gilbert being moved to centre back and Martin being moved to left back was the tactics of choice, which made sense as Mohsni adds a huge threat to set pieces and just general play.

From your brain dead chum.

OBD!

For all your opinions though we lost the game....end of.

Sampson should have come on much earlier anyway. When they were down to 10 men we didn't really go for it by bringing Hall and Sampson on for example, we could have been more attacking and kept them on the back foot. Instead, they did more of the attacking and looked more likely to score. Not taking Dicko off when he so nearly got sent off was ridiculous. He is then scared to challenge Grandison for the corner that he scored from. Before that he was marking him very good at corners. He is then ineffectual for the last part of the game as he knows that any challenge even innocent, he may be sent off.

Oh well, still top, just. Swindon looking ominous tho.

Sampson should have come on much earlier anyway. When they were down to 10 men we didn't really go for it by bringing Hall and Sampson on for example, we could have been more attacking and kept them on the back foot. Instead, they did more of the attacking and looked more likely to score. Not taking Dicko off when he so nearly got sent off was ridiculous. He is then scared to challenge Grandison for the corner that he scored from. Before that he was marking him very good at corners. He is then ineffectual for the last part of the game as he knows that any challenge even innocent, he may be sent off.

Oh well, still top, just. Swindon looking ominous tho.

Spot on and I agree totally..With 10 men we should of taken the game to them, we didn't and PS made the wrong choice keeping Dicko on.

ho tf is peter grant lol
[h=1]Shrewsbury 2 - 1 Southend[/h]
Page last updated at 17:36 GMT, Saturday, 21 January 2012

Jermain Grandison's late goal saw 10-man Shrewsbury topple League Two leaders Southend.
Marvin Morgan was sent off for Town in the first half after lunging at Southend midfielder Jean-Paul Kalala.
James Collins put Shrews ahead from the spot after being fouled by Peter Grant but substitute Ryan Hall fired in from the edge of the box to make it 1-1.
Grandison headed in Matt Richards's corner as Shrewsbury maintained their season-long unbeaten home run.
Southend remain top after Crawley and Cheltenham both failed to win.
[h=2]Live text and stats[/h]

ho tf is peter grant lol
[h=1]Shrewsbury 2 - 1 Southend[/h]
Page last updated at 17:36 GMT, Saturday, 21 January 2012

Jermain Grandison's late goal saw 10-man Shrewsbury topple League Two leaders Southend.
Marvin Morgan was sent off for Town in the first half after lunging at Southend midfielder Jean-Paul Kalala.
James Collins put Shrews ahead from the spot after being fouled by Peter Grant but substitute Ryan Hall fired in from the edge of the box to make it 1-1.
Grandison headed in Matt Richards's corner as Shrewsbury maintained their season-long unbeaten home run.
Southend remain top after Crawley and Cheltenham both failed to win.
[h=2]Live text and stats[/h]

Explains everything .. playing a 46 year old at LB FFS !!!!

Sturrock out

God knows why Hall never started he has been the provider of the majority of our goals this season, and wtf did we get Sampson on loan for if you were not going to play him, sorry Paul you got it wrong big time, we cannot even beat 10 men from an early stage in the game a disgrace.

God knows why Hall never started he has been the provider of the majority of our goals this season, and wtf did we get Sampson on loan for if you were not going to play him, sorry Paul you got it wrong big time, we cannot even beat 10 men from an early stage in the game a disgrace.

He has had some problems this week and felt a bit under the weather and asked not to start apparently. I agree about Sampson though

He has had some problems this week and felt a bit under the weather and asked not to start apparently. I agree about Sampson though
Sorry but problems? i am an old age pensioner and i have had plenty of problems in my life it does not stop me from doing what i want or need to do, if he can't hack the problems in life then he shouldn't be playing football

Back