• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I saw a good player in there, early games he was bright without scoring, the lack of goals seemed to get on top of him though. Wouldn't write him off

Maybe Spurs need to choose another club for him...it may be that we don't suit his style of play. Some might say he needs to adjust...but I believe his club should have had a good look at prospective loan clubs..to ensure that any deal would suit both sides needs.

Last edited:
I saw a good player in there, early games he was bright without scoring, the lack of goals seemed to get on top of him though. Wouldn't write him off

Yep same. He impressed me in the cup game vs Walsall at the start of the season, hopefully this will give him a confidence boost he needs.

Williams and Layne doing really well out on loan, Knocking in goals for fun. Still as its Phil give em 2 more years and they may be allowed to wash the bench? Phil said he didnt see enough of Chiedozie when on trial ( 6 goals in 9 games for Concord ), Chiedozie snapped up by Cambridge and pitched straight into their league game ( won 2-1) Hes 20 years old, virtually same as Williams and Layne.

Shaq and Barney play elsewhere and have scored between themselves 5 in 5 ?

Cool !

Youth team football is a massive step down from League 2 football, we managed to beat Tottenham's reserve team which featured a lot of their kids the other week 3-0, that shows you how big a gulf there is from youth team football to league football.

Youth team football is a massive step down from League 2 football, we managed to beat Tottenham's reserve team which featured a lot of their kids the other week 3-0, that shows you how big a gulf there is from youth team football to league football.

I thought Shaq played under 21 last night.

That's still youth team football.

U21 is quite different to youth football, players like Kyle walker played last night for spurs also Ryan mason, and also 5 fringe first team players played for man city last night! so your statement of 'youth football' is slightly incorrect as youth football is under 18s and u21 football is basically reserves/development however you like to call it.

I wouldn't say it was "massive" and scorelines in youth games aren't much of an indication due to lack of consistancy at a young age. You can lose by 5-6 goals against one team and then beat them comfortably a month or so later.

Saying that, the under 21 leagues have been criticised as being at a poor standard. Example from someone else who played in that game, Jordy Hiwula scoring 20 in 31 games last season in under 21s and only managed 1 in 9 at Yeovil.

Could be that he is happier playing for Spurs. He must be fed up with life at Southend with his lack of opportunities. Still think he could be decent for us but PB does not usually play with two up front. It is always 4 4 1 1 or a 4 5 1 formation. Coulthurst and Corr together would be worth a go.

Could be that he is happier playing for Spurs. He must be fed up with life at Southend with his lack of opportunities. Still think he could be decent for us but PB does not usually play with two up front. It is always 4 4 1 1 or a 4 5 1 formation. Coulthurst and Corr together would be worth a go.

Many players (I almost said most) spend some time on the bench waiting for their chance ...... it is all "good experience"' isn't it?

Back