• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sensible Soccer on the PSP.

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
Has anyone had any luck getting an Amiga emulator and Sensible Soccer running on PSP?

If so can you let me know how to do it before I spend hours finding out myself?

Cheers.

MC

Modded PSP + PSPUAE should do the trick. I don't have a PSP myself but it seems to work fine if you use RAM-Installed save state rather than run the ADFs otherwise it runs very sloooww.

Modded PSP + PSPUAE should do the trick. I don't have a PSP myself but it seems to work fine if you use RAM-Installed save state rather than run the ADFs otherwise it runs very sloooww.

This is the conclusion I came to however there is a slight snag.

To run any Amiga emulator you need a kickstart ROM. This ROM is still copyrighted and I cannot easily find a free one online. You can buy one or if you own an Amiga (which I do) you can extract the ROM using PC software.

Once I get things working I'll let you know how it runs.

OK, I have managed to get this working.

I have a PSP slim and needed to install a utility called chickHEN in order to enable homebrew applications.

Once chickhen has 'worked' (which tediously requires several reboots each time you want to run your Amiga emulator).

Installing PSPUAE is a doddle and it is quite easy to find the kickstart ROMs using Google.

Games can be legally downloaded if you own the original.

The two Sensible World of Soccer disks load fairly quickly and once loaded you can create a savestate so you can instantly load the game in the future.

The game runs at an acceptable rate but you need to tweek a few settings.

Last edited:
Update - If sound emulation is switched off the game runs almost perfectly.

If you have a PSP and like football games then Sensible World of Soccer is well worth a go although it feels odd playing as Southend with Mike Marsh in the team.

This game is much tougher than PES or FIFA which really spoil you with the amount of AI help they provide.

I'm sure I've asked this question before, but does the Monkey Rovers team feature a player called Steve McBananaman or did I make that up?

Green if you can post the full Monkey Rovers line-up.

The only hit on Google for it comes from this:

Yorkshire Blue25-03-2008, 05:42 PM
I'd like to nominate Monkey Rovers from SWOS on the Amiga.

I seem to remember one of their star players was Steve McBananaman.

Plenty of positive rep to anyone who can post up the entire Monkey Rovers squad

I wonder if Cannon Fodder could be done on psp? I am sure both games have very close engines

Once you have installed the Amiga emulator you can run any Amiga game.

Some of them need a bit of tweaking to run at the correct rate. To get SWOS running I had to disable the sound.

OK, I have managed to get this working.

I have a PSP slim and needed to install a utility called chickHEN in order to enable homebrew applications.

Once chickhen has 'worked' (which tediously requires several reboots each time you want to run your Amiga emulator).

Installing PSPUAE is a doddle and it is quite easy to find the kickstart ROMs using Google.

Games can be legally downloaded if you own the original.

The two Sensible World of Soccer disks load fairly quickly and once loaded you can create a savestate so you can instantly load the game in the future.

The game runs at an acceptable rate but you need to tweek a few settings.

Fancy sorting mine out for me. My PSP is chipped etc. looked through your instructions but massive whoosh..

Fancy sorting mine out for me. My PSP is chipped etc. looked through your instructions but massive whoosh..

If your PSP is modded so you can run Homebrew applications then installing PSPUAE is as simple as copying a few files onto your PSP. The readme provides full details. If you have any problems PM me.

Back