• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Season Long Loans!

hindle_666

Manager
Now as the start of the season is just over a month away and permanant signings seeming more unlikely who would you like to see us go for on a long term loan or a free.
Short term loans are also ok but not to many because we can come unstuck mid season like last year.
So which players would you like us to bring in on long term loans?

I would like a couple of these few.

HRK (not sure how likely now with a new manager at Reading)
Sawyer(not sure we need a centre mid but he is class and chips in with a few goals)
Dervite(no reason needed)
Leon Clarke(Very unlikely but forward in the same mould would be good)
Matt Ritchie(certainly not a first teamer at pompey but they could be looking to loan him out for a year again after a good spell at daggers)

A couple of possible free i would like to see us go for?

Chris Powell (Proved himself at this level last year and would be good to rotate with Johnny Herd,what a player for herdy to learn off)

Ishmel demontagnac(i think i spelt that right but he look very good againts us last year and has got something to prove,would be worth a year or 2)

Last edited:
spot on with ishmael there hindle, maybe get sawyer back, cant help but feel dorian will be off to bigger things, dont get me started on powell he is my sufc idol of all time, I wouldnt be surprised to see stepanov made permanent tbh

a spot on post. i totally agree with Chris Powell, he could tutor Johnny Herd rather well i would think, much like he did with Joe Mattock. Matt Ritchie would be worth a shout, he looked good last year with the Daggers so a season long loan i think would be good. As for Ishmeal, what happened to him after hes trail?

a spot on post. i totally agree with Chris Powell, he could tutor Johnny Herd rather well i would think, much like he did with Joe Mattock. Matt Ritchie would be worth a shout, he looked good last year with the Daggers so a season long loan i think would be good. As for Ishmeal, what happened to him after hes trail?

Tilly did say he wanted another look at him pre season would be an ideal time.

I would be interested in signing Ishmel Demontagnac, but his got a bit of a reputation. However, calm that down- and his a big talent and would add some much needed creativity and pace.

I think realistically, if the rumours are true and we are short on money, then loans will ultimately be main transfer activity we can hope for.

With enough strikers, and enough CM's (McCormack, Grant, JFC and Moussa) I'd rather we go for HRK and a decent CB on loan.

Sawyer- No, unless we sell a CM.
Leon Clarke- No, enough strikers.
HRK- Yes.
Matt Ritchie- If he can play on the wing, yes.
Dervitte- Yes, but unlikely to happen.

Interesting thread. I'm pretty clueless but Sawyer, HRK, Richie(, Dervite?) and Powell don't seem bad shouts.

Why do permanent signings seem more unlikely? The transfer window only opened on Wednesday, so we have only been able to sign players properly since then. Yes before hand we could have everything arranged but they wouldn't have been our players until Wednesday.

To be honest, this is the first summer in a little while where we don't have to bring that many players. We only really need to bring in a left back and a centre half as we don't have anything apart from an inexperienced Johnny Herd and Captain Adam Barrett in them positions. I'd like us to bring in a proper left winger as well, but with Moussa proving to be capable on the left, and James Walker being able to play wide means it isn't an area we need to concentrate on straight away.

Yes some areas of the side could do with more quality, like right wing for example, but we have two adequate players there already.

I imagine a left back, centre half and a left winger will be brought in, maybe Lee Sawyer as well coming in permenantly then using loans to fill in the gaps as and when required.

As for who I'd like:

Left Back - At present there are a few options, obviously we have Guus on trial so if his decent enough thats that sorted but also available on a free is Dan Harding and Matt Richards, both formely of Ipswich. Wages maybe an issue, but neither of them earn any money at present. I've mentioned Chris Powell previously, and his a good option as at his age he wont get through 50 odd games a season and nor would Herd so a mixture of them two would be a good option.

Centre Back - My first choice still remains Alan Bennett, who hasn't signed for Brentford as yet. We also have Stepanov on trial, who on paper looks a good player. Someone else that was mentioned the other day is Irekpen who has been released from Bristol City.

Left Wing - Matt Ritchie is my first choice, someone we bid for in January so could go back in for again. Also, on a free we have two former trialists in the shape of Ishmael Demontagnac and Robert Eagles.

Now as the start of the season is just over a month away and permanant signings seeming more unlikely who would you like to see us go for on a long term loan or a free.
Short term loans are also ok but not to many because we can come unstuck mid season like last year.
So which players would you like us to bring in on long term loans?

I would like a couple of these few.

HRK (not sure how likely now with a new manager at Reading)
Sawyer(not sure we need a centre mid but he is class and chips in with a few goals)
Dervite(no reason needed)
Leon Clarke(Very unlikely but forward in the same mould would be good)
Matt Ritchie(certainly not a first teamer at pompey but they could be looking to loan him out for a year again after a good spell at daggers)

A couple of possible free i would like to see us go for?

Chris Powell (Proved himself at this level last year and would be good to rotate with Johnny Herd,what a player for herdy to learn off)

Ishmel demontagnac(i think i spelt that right but he look very good againts us last year and has got something to prove,would be worth a year or 2)

For once I agree with you

Back