• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Saturday

Hello folks, it goes without saying I am looking forward to the game, and I realise most of you who are coming on Saturday have been to Layer Road before. However if any of you want any help with directions, pubs, parking, etc etc just leave a message below and I will be pleased to help.

Enjoy the game but hopefully not the result
smile.gif

Why thank you kind sir. But may i ask would you try and get us lost?? Because you know our support is better then yours.
laugh.gif
tounge.gif

All the best- Goodluck on sat
s.s

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Colchester and proud! @ Nov. 22 2006,19:43)]Hello folks, it goes without saying I am looking forward to the game, and I realise most of you who are coming on Saturday have been to Layer Road before. However if any of you want any help with directions, pubs, parking, etc etc just leave a message below and I will be pleased to help.

smile.gif
Is it that falling down shed just off the A12 where we always return with 3 points?
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (stickyboy @ Nov. 22 2006,19:46)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Col******r and proud! @ Nov. 22 2006,19:43)]Hello folks, it goes without saying I am looking forward to the game, and I realise most of you who are coming on Saturday have been to Layer Road before. However if any of you want any help with directions, pubs, parking, etc etc just leave a message below and I will be pleased to help.

smile.gif
Is it that falling down shed just off the A12 where we always return with 3 points?  
laugh.gif
No its 4 sheds, but you are right about the 3 points
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimper_sam @ Nov. 22 2006,19:44)]Why thank you kind sir. But may i ask would you try and get us lost?? Because you know our support is better then yours.
laugh.gif

tounge.gif

All the best- Goodluck on sat
s.s
I would never try and get you boys lost, but your team now thats another matter
tounge.gif

Good luck to you too mate.

What Pub's in town are family Pub's? as Im traveling with a few younger guys who are under 18. As I still want a few drinks before the game and watch some of the Lunchtime Kick off on tv.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend_utd_fan @ Nov. 22 2006,20:04)]What Pub's in town are family Pub's? as Im traveling with a few younger guys who are under 18. As I still want a few drinks before the game and watch some of the Lunchtime Kick off on tv.
They have a topic about Col******r pubs on another thread. And who are these under 18's shrek;) ......

unclesam.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimper_sam @ Nov. 22 2006,20:06)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend_utd_fan @ Nov. 22 2006,20:04)]What Pub's in town are family Pub's? as Im traveling with a few younger guys who are under 18. As I still want a few drinks before the game and watch some of the Lunchtime Kick off on tv.
They have a topic about Col******r pubs on another thread. And who are these under 18's shrek;) ......

unclesam.gif
Why do you need to Know? Im not saying People's name's on a Pubic Forum.

[b said:
Are you driving mate or coming by train.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend_utd_fan @ Nov. 22 2006,20:11)]
[b said:
[b said:

unclesam.gif
How VERY dare you!! - Fair play mate, What terrace you in??

unclesam.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimper_sam @ Nov. 22 2006,20:13)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend_utd_fan @ Nov. 22 2006,20:11)]
[b said:
[b said:

unclesam.gif
How VERY dare you!! - Fair play mate, What terrace you in??

unclesam.gif
Barside
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend_utd_fan @ Nov. 22 2006,20:16)]Going by train,Terrace 1
By train to North station is a bit difficult because you are near the town centre where all the more dodgy chain type pubs tend to be.

Will you be walking into town to go to the game or are you up for a taxi ride to other parts of the town.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend_utd_fan @ Nov. 22 2006,20:31)]Well we're leaveing Southend at 9.30 to catch breakfast, So we have loads of time for a walk, Not to worry I'll find something.
Ok mate have a good day, you could try this one which is just off the town centre and is on the way to the ground. Its a nice old pub with good food and beer, with no trouble.
Not sure if they have SKY these days though, try giving them a ring.

The Marquis

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matty the Shrimper @ Nov. 22 2006,20:58)]How do you get from University of Essex (Col******r) to Layer Road?
I am staying there with a mate Friday night
You are on the wrong side of town, but it is not that far in terms of miles only around 4-5 miles away.
Your best bet is to go via the main roads rather than getting caught up in small local roads.
Come out of the back entrance to the Uni turn left onto Col******r road.
Follow the road up to the junction where you will have to turn left onto the main B1027 road.
Drive up to the multi miniroundabout (where you can go clockwise or anticlockwise!) and you need to go straight across which is the third junction if you go over the roundabout in the normal manner, into St Andrews Avenue.
Up to the next roundabout and straight over you will come past Homebase.
Up to the next roundabout and straight over again up to the next one.
Straight over that and up to the next roundabout where you need to turn left, there will be a big block of flats with distinctive blue lights on the front of them.
Up to the next roundabout and you want the third exit up the hill, you are now on the edge of town so it will be busy.
You then need to take the second exit on the next roundabout (just after the police station you will see on your left) onto Maldon Road.
Take any of the next few roads on your left (say Errington or Hamilton Road) and drive to the end.
Turn right onto Butt Road and drive up to the miniroundabout, turn left onto Layer Road, the ground is a couple of hundred metres up there on your right.

It sounds complicated but its not too bad really, and you will probably see route signs for the club halfway along this journey.

Good luck mate.

Has anyone seen the weather forecast for Saturday...

Look's a tad on the windy side...

Could be interesting!.

I wonder what the odds are of Darryl being first goalscorer?..

rock.gif

[b said:
Why do you persist in going round with kids?

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back