• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Run In

I was just looking to find out when the play offs were and stumbled across our last 7 fixtures.

2 games against teams struggling at the other end of the table
5 games against teams vying for promotion

3 at home
4 away (including Carlisle and Tranmere)

Thats a tough run in. I dearly hope we can keep up this winning/not losing momentum into these games.

I did the predictor and had us scraping in at 6th place...

up the blues!!

its the other way round, 4 games at home and 3 away.

Walsall, Northampton, Brighton and Port Vale at home

Crewe, Carlise, Tranmere away

With the exception of maybe Carlisle away, they'll all be more worried about playing us than we are about them. Other than the one I mentioned, we should be confident of getting something from all the other games, we're the form team (along with Brighton, but we're at home to them).

With the exception of maybe Carlisle away, they'll all be more worried about playing us than we are about them. Other than the one I mentioned, we should be confident of getting something from all the other games, we're the form team (along with Brighton, but we're at home to them).

I agree with this. Also Carlisle will not be looking forward to us going there either. Looking at their games, they will see this along with Swans at home the two they need to win if they want the title

home form is vital imo, we havn't been beaten at home in something like 4 or 5 games. this is what we need. anothere 3 points against walsall is so important not only to keep up with teams arounf but walsall are chasing a play-off spot themselves.

I agree with this. Also Carlisle will not be looking forward to us going there either. Looking at their games, they will see this along with Swans at home the two they need to win if they want the title

...and they've got Forest at home coming up too. And Leeds & Millwall away!

It'll be an interesting month for the Cumbrians, for sure.

Matt

i would like to think we could get 13 points out of that lot, winning all bar 1 of our home games, the other a draw, and winnning at Crewe away.

I agree, we are capable of 4 wins and a draw and that should be enough to keep us in the play offs.

However we could really do with a strong finish as if we want to get to the actual final we dont want to be limping across the line with a two leg semi final to get through.

However we could really do with a strong finish as if we want to get to the actual final we dont want to be limping across the line with a two leg semi final to get through.

I disagree slightly there, look at 2005 when we limped across the line, having blown the Championship and going from top to 4th in about 17 days! A lot of the time, teams approach the playoffs differently as it's either their last chance saloon or a bonus as they only just sneaked in! Everybody's equal, hence why last year there were so many away wins in the playoff semis (8 out of the 12 games).

Yet another exciting end to a season...
so thats ...
End of season dissapointment followed by play off glory..
Going well clear, stumbling over the promotion line then securing the title on the last day...
Going down, Staying up.. Going down.. interspersed with trivia such as Man.U, Spurs, Ipswich away..Norwich at home QPR.. etc etc
Battle for the Play offs despite being relegated and losing star striker..
Sure is tedious being a Shrimper at the moment!

Yet another exciting end to a season...
so thats ...
End of season dissapointment followed by play off glory..
Going well clear, stumbling over the promotion line then securing the title on the last day...
Going down, Staying up.. Going down.. interspersed with trivia such as Man.U, Spurs, Ipswich away..Norwich at home QPR.. etc etc
Battle for the Play offs despite being relegated and losing star striker..
Sure is tedious being a Shrimper at the moment!

Exactly, Tilson/Martin/Steve the Kitman OUT! ;)

The top 13 or 14 clubs in this league are still going for the Playoff spots so by definition we were going to have to play a few clubs who are up there. Our run-in looks a lot more straight-forward than some of the teams at the top have got.

Those home matches aren't easy by any stretch of the imagination, but if we've got serious ambitions to be Championship side next season then there's nothing, other than Carlisle away, in our run-in that we should be overly concerned with.

The top 13 or 14 clubs in this league are still going for the Playoff spots so by definition we were going to have to play a few clubs who are up there

Not quite true, if as we are all saying that 70 points is needed for a scrape into the play off's.

Assuming that over the course of the remaining 6 or 7 games a team can have an awesome run and pick up 2.4 points per game, then Orient are the lowest placed team that can reach 70 points.

Swansea 39 79 96
Carlisle 38 74 93
Doncast 39 69 86
Nottm F 38 63 82
Southnd 39 62 79
Leeds 38 57 76
Brighton 39 59 76
Walsall 39 57 74
Tranmer 40 59 73
Leyton O 40 56 70

With so many teams playing (and therefore taking points off of) eachother it's not out of the question that a much lower total could take 6th this year. Huddersfield are 14th on 52 points and their players have been saying today that they think they can still make it.

You wouldn't want to gamble on it though, so the sooner we hit 72 points (three wins and a draw) the better.

With so many teams playing (and therefore taking points off of) eachother it's not out of the question that a much lower total could take 6th this year. Huddersfield are 14th on 52 points and their players have been saying today that they think they can still make it.

You wouldn't want to gamble on it though, so the sooner we hit 72 points (three wins and a draw) the better.

That I think is a pretty fair assessment, sounds easy doesn't it?

The top 13 or 14 clubs in this league are still going for the Playoff spots so by definition we were going to have to play a few clubs who are up there. Our run-in looks a lot more straight-forward than some of the teams at the top have got.

Those home matches aren't easy by any stretch of the imagination, but if we've got serious ambitions to be Championship side next season then there's nothing, other than Carlisle away, in our run-in that we should be overly concerned with.

Not overly concerned, but every game will be like a cup final.

We supporters must play our part [believe & really get behind whichever 11 may be on the park].

If we go behind, must respond vocally and give the team a massive boost.

Back