• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Roots Hall Pitch Renovation Works

Ricey

Me a Mod, that’s unpossible⭐⭐
Staff member
Work has just started:

I know previous years the pitch has been a bit of a joke at times. Hats off to the grounds staff this season, it was absolutely perfect throughout the season and managed to hold out for a whole season.

Hopefully the same again this season.

This seems to be the "modern way" - every summer rip up your pitch & re-lay.

I miss the old days with the new bit of turf in the penalty area tripping up the players during pre-season ...........
I miss the old days of the goal area being a sea of mud by mid-November. I remember Chelsea putting so much sand on the pitch it looked more like a beach than a pitch. I wonder who is paying for it, especially as I imagine it is not really vital.

Is it pitch preparations or Ron getting ahead of himself and getting on with groundwork to build some houses

The big rumour is the pitch is being repossessed

Remember when we had that terrible run of games without winning?

I thought getting a priest down to conduct an exorcism was a bit over the top but Browny boy was convinced the pitch was possessed by a demon - after all, it wouldn't be you picking the wrong team would it Phil?

Work has just started:

I know previous years the pitch has been a bit of a joke at times. Hats off to the grounds staff this season, it was absolutely perfect throughout the season and managed to hold out for a whole season.

Hopefully the same again this season.
The way things are at the moment That video reminds me of the episode of Black Adder when there is a piece of turf on the table showing gains made and general melchett asks for the scale- 1-1

Nne question is who is paying for the renovatioin of the pitch And 2 why if the club fold in june ????

Back