• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron Gets Those Grimsby Tickets

biggrin.gif

ONE RM theres only ONE RM

Am I the only one who thinks this is a bit suspect?

I don't mean illegal or anything like that, but the earlier report stated :
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]With the Club having sold slightly over 2,000, following Police advice, on the ground of Health and Safety at Grimsby Town, Southend were told they are unable to sell that full allocation.

Now this report states:
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Reports earlier today stated that Southend would be unable to sell the remaining 290 tickets due to Policing costs being encured by Grimsby Town.

However, Southend United co-owner Ron Martin has agreed to cover part of the policing costs for this fixture.

So, which one is it? Costs or health and safety?

It just seems to me that these last tickets were held back, and were released with a bit of a fanfare to make RM and the club look good?
rock.gif

Or am I just being cynical?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Song of the South Upper @ May 05 2005,16:26)]Am I the only one who thinks this is a bit suspect?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]With the Club having sold slightly over 2,000, following Police advice, on the ground of Health and Safety at Grimsby Town, Southend were told they are unable to sell that full allocation.

Now this report states:
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Reports earlier today stated that Southend would be unable to sell the remaining 290 tickets due to Policing costs being encured by Grimsby Town.

However, Southend United co-owner Ron Martin has agreed to cover part of the policing costs for this fixture.

It just seems to me that these last tickets were held back, and were released with a bit of a fanfare to make RM and the club look good?
rock.gif

I think the true story is "no more tickets as Grimsby will not pay for the extra policing to ensure health and safety despite Grimsby having initially promised Southend these tickets".

If so, Grimsby have not come out of this smelling of roses.  The extra revenue from the 300 tickets will be about £4,500.  Surely the extra police costs aren't as much as that, in which case Grimsby would have made some extra profit if they'd met the extra costs.  Instead, we now have the situation of Southend being out of pocket to the tune of the police costs with Grimsby pocketing all of the extra £4,500 in ticket proceeds.  
mad.gif

Basically Grimsby were holding a loaded gun to RM's head.  
mad.gif

I don't think RM can be blamed - he's made the best of a bum deal.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Song of the South Upper @ May 05 2005,16:26)]Am I the only one who thinks this is a bit suspect?

[b said:

Now this report states:
[b said:

rock.gif

Presumably the health and safety requirements were for extra stewarding/barriers etc. Grimsby were unwilling to shell out extra to pay for this, until Ron Martin stepped in.

Sadly this means we are paying Grimsby to increase their gate receipts, so I think Grimsby have got one over on us.

HK Blue and UB are right to a certain extent.

The H&S issues arrised and it required Policing costs which GT didn't want to pay so RM has paid some of them to get the extra tickets.

No conspiracy theory!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ May 05 2005,16:39)]Finally he has done something decent for this club..
rock.gif

You mean apart from appointing Tilly and Basil, signing Fred(d)y, subsidising various coach trips, etc etc?

Perhaps its a legit method of chucking Grimsby a few quid.
wink.gif
wink.gif

Please roll over Grimsby.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ May 05 2005,17:13)]I am banned, your all correct..
they just keep deleting my posts. they cant cope with someone who is better and bigger than are on this board.. the legend of CS J continues
Boring CS J as usual! nothing changes!

[b said:
they just keep deleting my posts. they cant cope with someone who is better and bigger than are on this board.. the legend of CS J continues
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ May 05 2005,16:43)]HK Blue and UB are right to a certain extent.

The H&S issues arrised and it required Policing costs which GT didn't want to pay so RM has paid some of them to get the extra tickets.

No conspiracy theory!
Or maybe Grimsby made the whole thing up because they don't want more away fans than home fans at the game. So RM called their bluff and offered to pay the difference?

Look at their home gates, the only ones over about 4,500 this year are the Scunny and Lincoln ones.

[b said:
to become a legend you have had to have done something worthy of the accolade. From were I am sitting (which is a nice big leather chair, in my new office) you have done nothing of the sort, except constantly spouting borring drivle that your poisoned mind actualy believe.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dave cusaks nose @ May 05 2005,17:23)]
[b said:
to become a legend you have had to have done something worthy of the accolade. From were I am sitting (which is a nice big leather chair, in my new office) you have done nothing of the sort, except constantly spouting borring drivle that your poisoned mind actualy believe.
Ha ha like it! Cain him some more! He sooo thinks he's the boy!

Back