• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Remembrance Sunday (Armistice Day)

Southminster_Shrimper

Sir Kevin Betsy Fan Club
Unashamedly shed a tear during that 2 mins silence this morning. Gets me everytime.

A very moving ceremony.

We owe so much to those who gave so much to those they never knew.

What struck me was the pride in the faces of all those old chaps taking part today. Even after 60/70 odd years you can tell they still feel extremely passionate about the country they served.

Get a dozen of these brave old men, a montage of film of the atrocities and times they spent on the fields of battle, put them in a room of 30 to 40 teenage oiks and drum it into their empty heads exactly what it was that these men and women and millions like them went through so they could enjoy the freedom to get tanked up on a Friday night and set light to a few wheelie bins on the way home.

Sorry, I'm winding myself up here!

Back to the telly..............

Did you see the last survivor of Paschendale? 109 yrs old and still with it.

Harry Patch is a remarkable old boy, as is Henry Allingham at 111 years of age who I believe was in at the early days of the RFC during WWI, the RFC later became our RAF. Both are still with it mentally.

Luckily, i had the upmost privelage of being at whitehall today, and also at horseguards and westminster abbey. It was worth the 6:30 start this morning. Just got back, but the honour and privelage of being there today, in the company of heroes was unbelievable...

Luckily, i had the upmost privelage of being at whitehall today, and also at horseguards and westminster abbey. It was worth the 6:30 start this morning. Just got back, but the honour and privelage of being there today, in the company of heroes was unbelievable...

Hear Hear mate!

Some pictures from today...

i1359734_10112007427.jpg

I was in the Royal Navy guard in 1999 at the cenotaph, we had to train for three weeks to do it standing still for longer and longer each day untill you build it up to three hours, which is easier said than done when you have got a heavy coat on and SA80 which weighs about 7 pounds.

Back