• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Relegation Battle Fixtures

Einstein

Esch Zhed Eff Schee
Basically, I was thinking that two defeats in our next two games could destroy everything we have built up in recent weeks, but now I feel so much more confident after looking at others fixtures for first time. IMO they could not have been more kind to us at the same time too with first set playing top teams too and second set of fixtures 4 teams up against each other. Even if two defeats, IMO we will not actually lose that much ground. Any points we pick up are very much a bonus IMO. The fightback continues!!

Saturday, 20 January 2007

Crystal Palace v Hull
Palace home form improved immensely, cannot see anything other than Palace home win.

Leeds v West Brom, 15:00
Draw is best Leeds can hope for.

Leicester v Birmingham, 17:15
Brummy win.

Luton v Barnsley, 15:00
Draw.  If either wins though then would prefer Barnsley myself, just to pull more teams into it.

QPR v Southampton, 15:00
Rangers on a bad run at the moment, away win.

Southend v Derby, 15:00
Although have picked up form drastically I think a draws probable.

Tuesday, 30 January 2007

Barnsley v QPR, 19:45
Draw.  2 points dished out, is better than 3 to another team too!

Birmingham v Southend, 19:45
Unfortunately I cannot see anything other than home win as much as I like to.  Hope am wrong.

Cardiff v Leicester, 19:45
Think could be where Cardiff turn the corner and Leicester another step into the relegation mire.

Coventry v Luton, 19:45
Coventry are not out of it yet, although maybe new manager and honeymoon period will change that.  Home win.

Hull v Leeds, 19:45
Again, would prefer draw as only 2 points gained, although I see a Hull win.

WBA arent looking great at moment, were fortunate to beat Luton. Could be a draw there, hopefully not.

Id go along with most of those predictions and hopefully we can get through the next 2 games without losing too much gro
und.

I personally think we have a better chance of beating Derby than Brum! But a couple of points from both fixtures would be a great result!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Jan. 17 2007,15:58)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ Jan. 17 2007,15:54)]Leeds v West Brom, 15:00
Draw is best Leeds can hope for.
How many "relegation rivals" sites would have said that about our NYD game though?
Not many, however if I knew all of the results I would be rich wouldn't I?!
tounge.gif

I knew some smart guy would pick holes in my predictions
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ricey @ Jan. 17 2007,16:11)]I personally think we have a better chance of beating Derby than Brum!  But a couple of points from both fixtures would be a great result!!!
Yep two points would be great, 3 even better and I think we could get 3.

I think we have got a chance against Derby, on the Championship they were saying they are managing to win without playing well, so thats something.

A point against Birmingham would be brilliant but I see nothing than a loss there, but who knows!

4 Points would be a major achievement! Especially if all other results go are way then we are laughing!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jam_Man @ Jan. 17 2007,16:25)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ricey @ Jan. 17 2007,16:11)]I personally think we have a better chance of beating Derby than Brum!  But a couple of points from both fixtures would be a great result!!!
Yep two points would be great, 3 even better and I think we could get 3.

I think we have got a chance against Derby, on the Championship they were saying they are managing to win without playing well, so thats something.

A point against Birmingham would be brilliant but I see nothing than a loss there, but who knows!
Like everyone has been saying, we need to win as many of our home games as possible. Just because Derby are 2nd doesnt mean we cant pull off a win. If we do then great, it wont be as unfortunate if we lose at birmingham.
We beat West Brom, and Southampton at home so there is no reason we cannot beat Derby.

..and drew to Preston. So we have done pretty well against the top teams at home.

Its certainly possible to get something from the game and Im looking forward to it.

Back