• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question for Ron, Why Keep Us Under Embargo?

CaptainSmudger

The Official Southend United Pilot⭐
If we have until 23rd August to pay HMRC or lose 10 points and winding up. ( I am assuming when this is paid , the embargo is lifted.)
Why start the season in a weakened position?
There is obviously some funding going on from presumably league payments, sponsorship etc
Why keep us in this ridiculous position?
Where is the logic behind this?

If we have until 23rd August to pay HMRC or lose 10 points and winding up. ( I am assuming when this is paid , the embargo is lifted.)
There is obviously some funding going on from presumably league payments, sponsorship etc
because leaving HMRC monies owed leaves WUO as an option on the table if he doesn’t find a buyer …..
if he pays it he risks losing that cash….

I see it as two things. Firstly I think he's hoping to sell before then so he doesn't have to pay. Secondly, being under an embargo limits the size of the squad and therefore the wage bill. If he can leave it another month before he has to pay then all the better in his eyes.

Does he not have to give the go ahead for any new signings anyway ? So not got anything to do with keeping the squad small as he can do that either way. Much more to do with keeping the option of letting the club go pop i imagine

Because he has a deadline which hopefully he will achieve the investment that suits him the best, nothing to do with what's best in football terms. He doesn't want to payout what he considers wasted cashflow, hence happy to keep the wage bill as low as possible or preferably not pay it at all if he can get away with it!

Have worked with people just like Ron they have to show they have the money they are in control things will be done only in their time plus being a money man the more players we bring in means more wages to pay as we know that’s the one thing he doesn’t like doing

Simple, he doesn't care about the club, the fans, the staff or the players.

He’s not gonna answer you here.

Back