• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pubs for QPR

Going to QPR on saturday and was wondering what pubs the Southend fans will be in? I'm looking to get up there for about 12ish, have afew beers and hopefully see the Blues pick up 3 points!

Im hoping to do all that too!
wow.gif

Just noticed this more relevant topic, so cut/pasted from another:

According to Football and Real Ale Guide 2006-07:

The Green, 172 Uxbridge Road, Shepherds Bush, W12 2JP. Tel. 020 8749 5709.
"..friendly on match days and well used to mixed groups of fans", "...the closest good ale choice to the ground". This is on the north-west corner of Shepherds Bush Green. Out of Shepherds Bush Central Line tube station, turn right and few minutes walk.

Further away:

Crown and Sceptre, 34 Holland Road, West Ken. W14 8BA. Tel 020 7602 1866
Radnor Arms, 247 Warwick Road, Kensington, W14 8PX. Tel 020 7602 7708

Last time we went to QPR we had a stop-off at Holborn on the Central Line and went to the Princess Louise. IIRC has been Evening Standard Pub of the Year. 7.2/10 rating
Click here for beer

Listen lads just had a message from a QPR fan that we are to be careful at some of the pubs around the ground. Suggest you find something en route.

Shepherd's Bush is a good bet.

Either a 15-or-so minute walk or 1 stop on the Central Line.

In Walkabout, you'll probably be lucky enough to see a bit of the Essex v Leicestershire Twenty20 semi-final, too.

Indeed, if we win, you could go back after the game and watch the Final!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mighty Shrimper @ Aug. 09 2006,21:55)]Going to QPR on saturday and was wondering what pubs the Southend fans will be in? I'm looking to get up there for about 12ish, have afew beers and hopefully see the Blues pick up 3 points!
Also see 'QPR Saturday' thread. Some of us will be down in Hammersmith pre-match. If it's pleasant day and the tide is high, it's a lovely spot.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ Aug. 10 2006,11:00)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mighty Shrimper @ Aug. 09 2006,21:55)]Going to QPR on saturday and was wondering what pubs the Southend fans will be in? I'm looking to get up there for about 12ish, have afew beers and hopefully see the Blues pick up 3 points!
Also see 'QPR Saturday' thread. Some of us will be down in Hammersmith pre-match. If it's pleasant day and the tide is high, it's a lovely spot.
I'll be travelling via the District Line so it'll be Hammersmith for me. Don't really like it round Shepherd's Bush anyway.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (hexagon_sun @ Aug. 10 2006,11:06)]Also see 'QPR Saturday' thread. Some of us will be down in Hammersmith pre-match. If it's pleasant day and the tide is high, it's a lovely spot.
I'll be travelling via the District Line so it'll be Hammersmith for me. Don't really like it round Shepherd's Bush anyway.[/QUOTE]
Keep an eye out for a Mexico '86 England shirt. That'll be me, standing next to a Harry Potter lookalike.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ Aug. 10 2006,11:44)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (hexagon_sun @ Aug. 10 2006,11:06)]Also see 'QPR Saturday' thread. Some of us will be down in Hammersmith pre-match. If it's pleasant day and the tide is high, it's a lovely spot.
I'll be travelling via the District Line so it'll be Hammersmith for me. Don't really like it round Shepherd's Bush anyway.
Keep an eye out for a Mexico '86 England shirt. That'll be me, standing next to a Harry Potter lookalike.[/QUOTE]
So your going with Napster then?
rock.gif
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ Aug. 10 2006,11:44)]Keep an eye out for a Mexico '86 England shirt. That'll be me, standing next to a Harry Potter lookalike.
Will do - or maybe I'll just follow Lord Voldemort
ghostface.gif

Best pubs IMHO the Bush Ranger or Goldhawk, both on Goldhawk Rd.

Bush Ranger is a bit of a QPR pub so maybe be careful if in colours.

Pubs on river also very pleasant, and a nice 20 min stroll from ground (a taxi won't move in traffic on Sat).

[b said:
[b said:
Keep an eye out for a Mexico '86 England shirt. That'll be me, standing next to a Harry Potter lookalike.[/QUOTE]
Damn!

I've never seen anyone else wearing one - thought I was unique!

A nice pub - situated on the west side of Shepherds Bush Green is the Defector's Weld. Lots of BBC-types go in there and it describes itself as a "tarted up boozer in Shepherds Bush".

They do have a no-football colours policy though, so if you have the kit it's a no-no.

Other than that I'd stay away from the Walkabout - horrible place.

There's also a nice bar called Bush Bar and Grill on Goldhawk Road, as well as the Vesbar - on the same road - just off the green.

It's been mentioned previously on this thread, but if you have time do try and make it down to Hammersmith Bridge - nice pubs along the river there. The 283 bus goes from the Bush to Hammersmith Bridge.

Any more questions, let me know

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Maldon Blues @ Aug. 10 2006,12:26)]
[b said:
[b said:
Keep an eye out for a Mexico '86 England shirt. That'll be me, standing next to a Harry Potter lookalike.
Damn!

I've never seen anyone else wearing one - thought I was unique![/QUOTE]
At the risk of starting a long thread about patriotism why do some of you wear England shirts to Southend matches, especially now that we have such fantastic club merchandise?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prodigal Son @ Aug. 10 2006,12:56)]quote]
Damn!

I've never seen anyone else wearing one - thought I was unique![/quote]
At the risk of starting a long thread about patriotism why do some of you wear England shirts to Southend matches, especially now that we have such fantastic club  merchandise?[/QUOTE]
I haven't bought the new shirt yet and am probably unlikely to. Also, I don't want to wear last year's shirt. However, I thought I'd wear some sort of football shirt to the game.

Once we get going with our range of SZ.com merchandise then I'll be wearing that to games
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ Aug. 10 2006,13:13)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prodigal Son @ Aug. 10 2006,12:56)]quote]
Damn!

I've never seen anyone else wearing one - thought I was unique!
At the risk of starting a long thread about patriotism why do some of you wear England shirts to Southend matches, especially now that we have such fantastic club  merchandise?[/quote]
I haven't bought the new shirt yet and am probably unlikely to. Also, I don't want to wear last year's shirt. However, I thought I'd wear some sort of football shirt to the game.

Once we get going with our range of SZ.com merchandise then I'll be wearing that to games  
smile.gif
[/QUOTE]
Thanks, just seemed to be a few England shirts at Palace, I guess the World Cup has just happened even though it seems a long while ago.

How far off is the SZ merchandise?

I'd like to see Essex semi really so the Walkabout is tempting. I'd imagine that most pubs will be showing Stoke vs Birmingham if anything.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back