• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Play-off Chances

• We won't reach play-offs

Votes: 62 57.9%
  • We will reach play-offs but lose in semi-final

Votes: 12 11.2%
  • We will reach play-off final but lose

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • We will win play-offs

Votes: 20 18.7%
  • All the teams above us completely fail and we get automatic promotion

Votes: 7 6.5%

• Total voters

DantheFan

Obviously the aim now is to gain a spot in the play-offs, but considering current form and the fact that we are yet to play the likes of Oxford, Fleetwood and Burton, is there still a chance? Plus, even if we were to make the play-offs, would we be able to beat the likely other play-off contenders Oxford, Fleetwood and Burton again in order to clinch promotion? This would basically involve beating two or three of these teams twice in a short period of time. Is this too much to ask?

Unless we find a way to score goals , its asking for the near impossible, s/poase if we made the top 7 ,we coluld always get their via penalty shootouts after a series of 0-0 draws :smile::smile:

Unless we find a way to score goals , its asking for the near impossible, s/poase if we made the top 7 ,we coluld always get their via penalty shootouts after a series of 0-0 draws :smile::smile:

We have won our last two penalty shootouts... Sounds plausible to me

I think the previous 3 games have decided our season.

The come-back draw against Scunthorpe was the perfect tonic to kick-start any chance of staying in the play-offs. To follow it up with two 0-0 draws just shows up our lack of goal threat and to think we can over take the likes of Fleetwood & Burton's already sizable lead over us, or to hold off the likes of Plymouth & York who are on decent runs of form is, I feel, unlikely, bordering on impossible.

I wonder how much different this poll would look if taken after last night's result. I chose 'we will win play offs' before the Oxford game and last night just strengthened my belief

if they could reproduce thatform for the remainder of the season ,i have no doubt they would make the playoffs and be at Wembley

There's always a team that storms into the playoffs right at the death like Crewe did and end up going up. Last year it was Bradford and this year it could well be Plymouth. The only thing is that I think Plymouth's good run might have come a little early and it's gonna have to be one hell of a run from them to stay where they are.

That said I believe their run in is a little more straightforward than ours on paper so we're either gonna need to call in some favours from the sides playing them or hope that Oxford fall apart

We need 5 wins out of 7 games so its still a very big ask bearing in mind we have to play Rochdale and Fleetwood away.

The best I can see it being is that we need to beat Burton to get in on the last game of the season. That game could be massive.

We need 5 wins out of 7 games so its still a very big ask bearing in mind we have to play Rochdale and Fleetwood away.

The best I can see it being is that we need to beat Burton to get in on the last game of the season. That game could be massive.

Last night was massive because we can now overtake Oxford.

spot on sir 5 out of 7 wins required....think we will miss out

I think there are four teams, chasing two Play-Off places.
Oxford United, ourselves, York City and Plymouth Argyle.

Saturday is as crucial as any play-off game we are chasing. Massive!!!

Last night was massive because we can now overtake Oxford.

And they are in terrible form and had a dent to their hopes and we have a nice boost. With York in terrific form Id be just as worried if I were an Oxford fan right now. New manager, only one win 8 games, last night was a big game for them as it was us. As you say we are now in touching distance of them, a draw or a loss and they would have looked a long way away.

And they are in terrible form and had a dent to their hopes and we have a nice boost. With York in terrific form Id be just as worried if I were an Oxford fan right now. New manager, only one win 8 games, last night was a big game for them as it was us. As you say we are now in touching distance of them, a draw or a loss and they would have looked a long way away.

Where is the BBC's league predictor tool when you need it?

We're somewhere between 7/1 and 11/1 for promotion. Given that, were one of the four teams to make the playoffs, we'd be no bigger than 7/2, that tells you that the bookies still think we've got lots to do.

And we have a superior goal difference which in the end could well be the key factor.

Indeed, it was decent before last night and now the best outside the top 3 so that was a nice boost.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back