• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre Season Friendly

CS Cockles

First XI
Just heard from some one at East Thurrock, that they are taking on Southend United on Saturday 17th July at Thurrock. They are also putting together some form of fun day, Bouncy Castle, Barbacue etc.

Also there is hope that there will be a 'Free Tony Barker' Rally in the streets of Corringham and east Tilbury in the morning of the game

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS Cockles @ May 11 2004,16:36)]Just heard from some one at East Thurrock, that they are taking on Southend United on Saturday 17th July at Thurrock. They are also putting together some form of fun day, Bouncy Castle, Barbacue etc.

Also there is hope that there will be a 'Free Tony Barker' Rally in the streets of Corringham and east Tilbury in the morning of the game
Yeah i heard about that poor Barker bloke, he got done for selling Cocaine but when they tested it the Police found it too be Whizz and talcan powder.

The poor sod got 5 years so we think it is a bit unfair.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS Cockles @ May 11 2004,16:36)]Also there is hope that there will be a 'Free Tony Barker' Rally in the streets of Corringham and east Tilbury in the morning of the game
will angela rippons bum be playing....?
biggrin.gif

Artie you sure do know your music,did you knowsweet little tony barker.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ May 12 2004,07:27)]Artie you sure do know your music,did you knowsweet little tony barker.
Only briefly met Boozy Barker via the Ancient Brit days in Poplar I think it was one of Garry Bushells "look at me" do's, and the old Bridgehouse where i'm sure they played but according to my mates they didn't turn up which shows how much I recall of those halcyon days I was just a chavvie skinhead at the time
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ May 12 2004,07:42)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ May 12 2004,07:27)]Artie you sure do know your music,did you knowsweet little tony barker.
Only briefly met Boozy Barker via the Ancient Brit days in Poplar I think it was one of Garry Bushells "look at me" do's, and the old Bridgehouse where i'm sure they played but according to my mates they didn't turn up which shows how much I recall of those halcyon days I was just a chavvie skinhead at the time  
biggrin.gif
One of Boozy's famous claims to fame was that he saved GAry Bushells life when a group of skinheads pulled a knife out on him, at one of his gigs

I like Bushell, I got an e-mail from him the other day recalling (again) the days when all the boneheads paraded down southend and threw a teddy boy through the window, I asked him why he hadn't been nicked in the Charlton/Southampton trial and suggested because he was cowering in Noel Edmonds house, he reckons he was cowering with Lucy Pinder.
...he passes on his thanks to "Sarfend" for Chrissy Powell.

Edit : ( just sent him another e-mail to tell him about the campaign, maybe he can mention it in The People )

Back