• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ticket News Pre-season friendlies (away) including trip to Ireland

Thank you Supershrimper - nothing in my basket and no one is answering any of the phones ive tried. Hey ho - appreciate your comments tho

Spoke to the Enquiries and it was suggested that I phone back on Thursday as they are so busy with Ticket sales or I come into the Shop in person. I thanked them for their helpful comments.

Update on our rivals latest friendlies and some thoughts:

York - drew 3-3 @ Darlington

Defence not going to be either clubs strength on this showing was a Darlo fan's view.

Oldham - lost 2-0 @ southport

Mellon said he's using midweek friendlies as minutes, results midweek are irrelevant.

Aldershot - Lost 2-0 at home to a strong Bristol City outfit.

Aldershot fielded an almost full strength team and acquitted themselves well against a Championship side.

Woking - lost 2-0 home to Reading

Altrincham - drew 1-1 home to Salford

Competitive and quality game for first hour, then full scale change and match petered out. Fan's happy with that first hour.

Wealdstone - won 1-0 home to Crawley

Pressing and relentless display from Stones. Full strength and fans happy that team gelling well, new signings a positive upgrade on last season and looking fitter and stronger then the last 6 years at NL level.

Halifax - Lost 1-0 @ Radcliffe

Woeful up front, only 1 shot on target and Shaymen fans worried about strength up top for coming season.

Sutton - won 3-0 against Oxford City

Fans pleased with how team is gelling in pre season.

Braintree - Lost home to Palace U21 5-0

Not a performance that bodes well for most of their fans, although squad still working for fitness levels.

That's exactly what it was.

If all had gone well and the takeover had already gone through well before summer, they were going to explore a pre-season camp in sunnier climes. As time rolled on and there was no date on completion, that went out the window and all talk of going away during pre-season was dropped.

It only came back on the agenda when the players came back for the start of pre-season and Kev began to grow frustrated again with the facilities and environment at B&L, with no date for when the new training pitches could be used forthcoming.

Kev wanted to get them away from B&L. It all happened pretty quickly.

Trying to be more positive, do we know if the new Training Pitches (Shrimpers Lodge?) will be ready soon?

All I can glean is from their website.

No match report and 2 photos. from those, the 1 and a bit Southend players looked very youthful.
The fact they were wearing yellow ShrimpersTrust shirts very much suggests youth team.

Match photos here:

stats:

Date: Tuesday 24th July 2024
Kick-off: 7:45pm
Competition: Friendly Match
Venue: Lawtech Stadium
Goals:
Miles Smith 12′ 1-0
Francis Baptiste 23′ 2-0
Nelly Martins Penalty 47′ 3-0

I went down as Lodge Avenue is half-an-hour walk from me. It was typical man-against-boys stuff first half, Barking were muscling us off the ball most of the time and had plenty of chances, though both goals came from pretty basic defensive errors. I don't think we had a shot on target in the entire first half.
The game was pretty much over after half time when our keeper - who was already booked - clattered one of the Barking forwards in the box and gave away a penalty; in a league game I'm pretty sure that would have warranted a second yellow but the ref just gave him a stern talking to. We came into the game more after that and had several good chances but the Barking 'keeper made a string of good saves to keep his clean sheet.

gutted i cant make this, firstly it would be good to be back at RH and secondly wanted to take a look around the new merch. Will have to wait until the 10th

Back