• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Positivity

Thought I’d make a post so we can remember all the positive things at the moment everything seems doom and gloom.

1. We have a club (obvious one wasn’t gaurenteed)

2. We have a good team yes a little light but what a Midfield we have especially.

Let’s keep some positive vibes going in this thread anything to be positive about the club utb today, I’m going 2-0 win .

🦐

I can't see this being a particularly busy thread, sadly. Hope I'm wrong.

I'll add:

1. Training on a much better surface, which will reduce risk of injuries during training and boost morale a bit.

2. Improvements in hospitality lounges.

3. Lots of partnerships with sponsors (new and extended).

4. Hard working, dedicated teams in commercial and marketing departments.

More trivial maybe:

5. Modern scoreboard (with revenue generation potential).

6. Painted, fresh looking club shop.

The biggest positives are that

1. Southend United has survived,
2 that the Three Amigos remain our coaching team,
3. that Tom remains our CEO,
4. that our attendances and away support remain strong,
4. that we have retained GSM and Collin among others
5. and that our new owners are not brassic.

All very good. Come On You Shrimpers!

we have upto now only lost 1 of our first 6 games .
we have signed 2 very decent players and a third over the next few weeks im sure will show you all hes decent too
we got decent money in the transfer of Cardwell.
Our attendances are top of the league, cuedos to all supporters for that .Long may it continue .
Our new strips seem to be liked by the greater majority.

Thought I’d make a post so we can remember all the positive things at the moment everything seems doom and gloom.

1. We have a club (obvious one wasn’t gaurenteed)

2. We have a good team yes a little light but what a Midfield we have especially.

Let’s keep some positive vibes going in this thread anything to be positive about the club utb today, I’m going 2-0 win .

🦐
I think number 1 is the most important for any shrimper. We still have a club to love, support each week and even moan about.

The thought of losing the blues was getting really hard to take as it did look likely at some stages.

It might not be the greatest club in the world but it's our club and it's still here without the rat involved.

We have the management team , that’s something be grateful for , could probably have gone several times but stuck with us .

We also have Pebble , think he’ll shock a few !

We aren’t Colchester and that’s a massive plus .

Sometimes a bit of adversity brings together a squad. We saw that last season but that togetherness based around what they endured was always going to be difficult to carry forward when you’re adding new faces who didn’t experience that.

Last week wipes the slate clean. This is now a new team who will need to be built around a new spine. If they can go and get a result away at Oldham they will grow in belief knowing that they overcame adversity.

Things are moving forward at the club: players no longer worry at the end of the month whether their pay packet will arrive or not. They’ll see things improve, probably on a weekly basis. Some big things like training on a new training ground, some smaller things like soap in the toilets. The direction of travel is positive. We’re on our way, to the football league we’re on our way. How we get there I don’t know, when we’ll get there I don’t know all I know is that Southend’s on their way.

We know we will have a Club to support every week.

No more worrying about bills not being paid, Court cases or embargoes.

We have a top management team.

Better beer options in the Far Post & Shrimpers Bars!

we have upto now only lost 1 of our first 6 games .
we have signed 2 very decent players and a third over the next few weeks im sure will show you all hes decent too
we got decent money in the transfer of Cardwell.
Our attendances are top of the league, cuedos to all supporters for that .Long may it continue .
Our new strips seem to be liked by the greater majority.
Can you let.me know today's result then please as I could do with the points in the prediction league. 😁

Already been mentioned but I’d back our midfield options over any other side in the division. Miley, Husin, Moncur, Coker, Appiah-Forson & Morton, ordinarily, 3 of those are being left out each game. Very good strength in depth, there.

Back