• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Players Salaries

I'd say take with a massive pinch of salt

Says our wage bill is £674,440 per year vs the 2023 accounts which have a total of £2,653,858

Either we pay very generously to the office and kiosk staff or these are a load of twaddle

Why does it matter to anyone how much players are on?
Susceptibility to moving on, gives an indication of our structure so unrealistic transfer rumours can be identified, we are all nosy Bas**** , gives a clue as to how far the belt has been tightened in the quest for cutting the losses

The last indication was the accounts published earlier this year which had a total wage bill (70+ staff) of 2.7M

Susceptibility to moving on, gives an indication of our structure so unrealistic transfer rumours can be identified, we are all nosy Bas**** , gives a clue as to how far the belt has been tightened in the quest for cutting the losses

The last indication was the accounts published earlier this year which had a total wage bill (70+ staff) of 2.7M
This is a serious question, do you care how much money the waiters are on at your favourite restaurant?

Or how much your favourite musicians earn per gig?

I find it uncomfortable that people are obsessed delving into the finances of young men, especially at this level of the game.

Last edited:
This is a serious question, do you care how much money the waiters are on at your favourite restaurant are on?

I find it uncomfortable that people are obsessed delving into the finances of young men, especially at this level of the game.
I dont go and watch the waiters....also if they are underpaid I would be concerned , also if they were enticed away by more money and I really like their "waitering Skills " I would consider going to their new restaurant .

My Favourite musicians earn far too little , But the high level of certain individuals earnings , particular those based on payment by the "man on the street" of Inflated prices , Tickets etc, is a matter of concern.

I dont go and watch the waiters....also if they are underpaid I would be concerned , also if they were enticed away by more money and I really like their "waitering Skills " I would consider going to their new restaurant .

My Favourite musicians earn far too little , But the high level of certain individuals earnings , particular those based on payment by the "man on the street" of Inflated prices , Tickets etc, is a matter of concern.
So you’re just nosey then. 😂

This is a serious question, do you care how much money the waiters are on at your favourite restaurant?

Aren’t wages still the single biggest predictive factor in how a club will do?

Anyway I don’t care so much as to what the number is but how they number compare to other clubs, to teammates. If our wage bill is a third of Forest Greens and three times Braintree’s that seem relevant to how we should do against those sides.

Not that anyone should give a **** what players here earn, I'd suggest this website is about as connected as that transfer rumours twitter account based on this part of their website:

Please note we only accept salaries from:

- Team/player press releases

- Confirmed by widely circulate articles from top tier publications

- Industry experts & team insiders

- Accurately and reliably sourced encyclopedias & databases

If you would like to contribute to the database or enquire for access to the raw data please enquire at the email address above.

salarysport@gmail.com

So they only take info from serious sources to their ****ing gmail.

What an odd source to share.

I'd say take with a massive pinch of salt

Says our wage bill is £674,440 per year vs the 2023 accounts which have a total of £2,653,858

Either we pay very generously to the office and kiosk staff or these are a load of twaddle
The accounts were for 22/23 when we had a relatively full squad , with probably some high earners like Hyde and Murphy, plus more youngsters and all the coaching staff. Wouldn't surprise me if 23/24 was alot lower although I doubt it's as low as that site reckons.

Not that anyone should give a **** what players here earn, I'd suggest this website is about as connected as that transfer rumours twitter account based on this part of their website:

Please note we only accept salaries from:

- Team/player press releases

- Confirmed by widely circulate articles from top tier publications

- Industry experts & team insiders

- Accurately and reliably sourced encyclopedias & databases

If you would like to contribute to the database or enquire for access to the raw data please enquire at the email address above.

salarysport@gmail.com

So they only take info from serious sources to their ****ing gmail.

What an odd source to share.
Very much agree - I know for a fact that most of these numbers are incorrect.

EDIT: I think only two are even credible.

Don’t think it’s any of our business to know what individual players earn, and also feel it’s an invasion of their privacy.

Our total wage bill in comparison to other clubs is of more interest as it’s not breaching any individual’s privacy and is an indication of how the club is being run. When we had (allegedly) the 5th highest wage bill in league 1, I don’t know to this day how that didn’t ring alarm bells with more people than it did. Given that we have a smallish squad I wouldn’t expect us to be featuring too high up the wage bill league table at the moment either.

Agreed. Non of our squad will be earning top dollar. They are doing it for the love of the game, the hope a bigger club comes knocking and a 24 carat chat up line.

Back