• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Player we have let go!

Winkle

Manager
I am sure someone will enlighten me on this, but who and when was the last player we sold on for a fee? It seems so long ago I cant for the life of me remember!

Martin Carruthers in March 2001.

Before that I'm pretty sure you have to go back to Chris Powell in (I think...?) February 1996. I thought that we sold Tinkler on for a few quid but not according to Soccerbase.

Is it any wonder we are 7 million pounds in debt!

Gutts may yet command a nominal fee when he deserts to Borient.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bucks_blue @ Dec. 28 2006,18:15)]Is it any wonder we are 7 million pounds in debt!

Gutts may yet command a nominal fee when he deserts to Borient.
His contract expires at the end of the season so quite doubtfull. They'd prob just wait for season to end?

Remember last year though when Swansea paid a reported £300,000 for Rory Fallon, his contract would have expired in the summer too, so its not impossible........ its only 12 months since Gutts was being linked with Championship sides and £300k-£400k was being bandied about!

There was also other clubs going for him too, I believe we were after Fallon at that point. After Gutts performances this season I doubt very much that any Championship/top league 1 clubs will want him, so I doubt unfortunately that there will be a bidding war for him. I'd love a fee of course but I think he'll run his contract down

Freddy, for a combined total of 14.5 million to Villa, Sunderland, West Ham and Charlton, after a bust-up with Tilly.
biggrin.gif

According to Soccerbase, Carruthers went to Scunny for £20K in March 2001. Roget went Stockport in May 2001 but no fee has been confirmed.

Back