• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pies/pasties at Roots Hall

The food offering at Roots Hall has been shocking for ages. Must be local companies that can supply food on match days. Anyone know who the food and beverage manager is at the stadium?
Catering Manager: Linda Kitts

I think it might be as I thought she seemed someone I knew but couldn't remember from where. Could well be as I was PG from 1965-71 & brother 66-72. It was (is) small school and certainly only local kids went (go) there as it is the most socially deprived catchment in the city.
We must have been there together then, small world eh !

My understanding on this, and this is simply taken from reading previous posts on here from those closer to it, is COSU have/are looking at this. I think there are a number of logistical issues which have made serving certain foods more tricky.

I can see how, in the West especially, serving decent food could create as many problems as it solves. We already really struggle with the flow of people in that stand when there’s a half decent crowd so imagine what it would be like if there was something edible on offer too?!

Before anyone jumps on this I’m not saying “Well let’s not bother then” but I do think there’s more to consider than let’s just flog some chips.

What I will say is surely it’s much much simpler to at least get some local food vans of the type you get at music festivals to set up in the East Stand car park. Yes it would be great to have decent food inside the ground long-term but personally as long as I’m fed at some point I’m happy enough to do it before/after the game and sink money into the club if it’s half decent.

I don't think Linda chooses where the food is sourced from and she only manages what there is to be managed, primarily for the hospitality areas. I usually have a cheeseburger and don't see any problem with what I've been given, they are usually fine, in fact, the one I had last match was lovely and hot and juicy.

The teams are working to their best ability within the confines of our catering outlets at Roots Hall. Yes, they need an overhaul and yes, COSU are aware of this and will be improving over time. Regurgitating threads like this over and over again isn't helpful. Remember the old saying, Rome wasn't built in a day!

Bring the fish house to the hall.
Sorry, no thanks. We went in there at lunch time recently for a "sit down" meal and it was shocking - they didn't even wrap the food for us to sit and eat it on the paper, just "coned" it. Oldhams and Van Looys locally knock them out of the park.

I don't think Linda chooses where the food is sourced from and she only manages what there is to be managed, primarily for the hospitality areas. I usually have a cheeseburger and don't see any problem with what I've been given, they are usually fine, in fact, the one I had last match was lovely and hot and juicy.

The teams are working to their best ability within the confines of our catering outlets at Roots Hall. Yes, they need an overhaul and yes, COSU are aware of this and will be improving over time. Regurgitating threads like this over and over again isn't helpful. Remember the old saying, Rome wasn't built in a day!

Sorry, no thanks. We went in there at lunch time recently for a "sit down" meal and it was shocking - they didn't even wrap the food for us to sit and eat it on the paper, just "coned" it. Oldhams and Van Looys locally knock them out of the park.
i-dont-believe-you-lies.gif

Yeah, they aren’t anywhere near as good as they used to be.

Back