• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pies/pasties at Roots Hall

I mentioned in my post on the Solihull PMT the quality of the food available there and that we should consider buying from the same supplier for the Hall. There was some agreement from fellow travellers.
The supplier is Eric Lyons Butchers, I have discovered.
They're based in Solihull. Surely we should be looking at a decent supplier much closer to home, providing better grub to our fans while supporting local business.

Linda and Sharon need to pull their bloody fingers out. I’m sorry; I’m sure they are lovely and very well meaning. However, the standard of grub at Roots Hall is appalling. We wouldn’t feed it to our pets. It should also not be beyond folks in their roles to make sure that sufficient napkins and cutlery are available. Running out of both pre-match (!!!) regularly in the West is just not acceptable to me I’m afraid. Come on ladies, please try harder!

I’d want a 5 star hygiene rating first!
Its currently a 4 star but to me, a good hygiene rating is like quilted toilet paper: preferable, not compulsory.

There are three areas of appraisal set by the Food Standards Agency (FSA), just one of which refers to food safety and hygiene procedures.

Instead, two thirds of a hygiene ranking comes from structural requirements and confidence in management procedures. Both of these can be traced back to administrative issues, such as not updating folders, or even mislabelling the day that a sauce pot was opened.

Linda and Sharon need to pull their bloody fingers out. I’m sorry; I’m sure they are lovely and very well meaning. However, the standard of grub at Roots Hall is appalling. We wouldn’t feed it to our pets. It should also not be beyond folks in their roles to make sure that sufficient napkins and cutlery are available. Running out of both pre-match (!!!) regularly in the West is just not acceptable to me I’m afraid. Come on ladies, please try harder!

The burgers could do with becoming a bit less like cardboard and a bit more juicer. Hot dogs that are boil in water jobs are all well best to be avoided unless you like your food to have less meat than dog food (but the same method of mechanically sourcing it from the scraps). The pies and sausage rolls are all Pukka Pie branded so all the club are doing is heating them up.

Unless ordering a pie who even needs cutlery? I could do with a chuckle watching someone eating a burger with a knife and fork. And are napkins required. I don't see the same issue with no napkins at the Fish House. Perhaps they should offer them as well.

Linda Kitts !
I used to go to school with a Linda Kitts, at Porters Grange, many years ago, surely not the same lass 🤔🤔
I think it might be as I thought she seemed someone I knew but couldn't remember from where. Could well be as I was PG from 1965-71 & brother 66-72. It was (is) small school and certainly only local kids went (go) there as it is the most socially deprived catchment in the city.

Back