• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

People who have written us off

People who have written us off -

• Good win help boost moral 4 next years campaign in league 1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Who cares we're doomed

• Game on, the Blues can stay up

• Total voters

Rusty Lee

Coach
I've read so many people on here who have ALREADY written off this season, i'm curious how they felt about todays result. We showed we can mix it with the best and win. I'm not gettting carried away theres a LONG way to go but by know means is this season over. So im just curious to those of you who are looking forward to next year in league one, how did u view todays game?

For me today was awesome, we showed everything i wanted, Tilson did something today and got those players fired up.  I hope from today some of the "realist" as you call yourself can take hope.

Tonight I sleep happy.

I don't expect us to survive, but on the other hand I'm hopeful that we can.

Whether we stay up or go down, I'm immensely proud of what the lads have given us over the past three years and just want to enjoy the rest of the season.

I'm not 'looking forward' to League One next season, but I am expecting it. Yesterday's win was fantastic, but the true worth of the result will only be known when Barnsley play their next match on Monday. If they win, we'll be back to 10 points from the safety zone. If they lose, however, it'll look a whole lot more promising.

There's a lot to do still this season, but if we're 7 points adrift come Monday night, there'll be a glimmer of hope at least and evidence that there's still a season to be salvaged.

I think Simon Francis comment in the Echo that the other day the management and players had an in depth, heart to heart, no holds barred meeting is a main reason for the change in team spirit and fight that we witnessed yesterday.

It seems that there where problems that needed clearing up. Often in life such an open discussion works wonders.

Before the Wolves game a supporter next to me said, when watching the players warming up, that they were not smiling and looked tense. Against the Saints, he commented that they looked happy with life again.

I now have a feeling that we can stay up. Well done the team and Tilly & Brush, not forgetting Ron.
biggrin.gif

If I am honest I had already written us off after last week but yesterday completely changed my whole outlook of the season.
If we go down to league one then fine I can deal with that and will still enjoy watching SUFC but now I think that game will turn our season around and I want us to stay up and fight for our place in this league. If we go down then I at least want us to go down fighting.
Heres to survival
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Blue Shrimp @ Dec. 10 2006,07:53)]I think Simon Francis comment in the Echo that the other day the management and players had an in depth, heart to heart, no holds barred meeting is a main reason for the change in team spirit and fight that we witnessed yesterday.

It seems that there where problems that needed clearing up. Often in life such an open discussion works wonders.

Before the Wolves game a supporter next to me said, when watching the players warming up, that they were not smiling and looked tense. Against the Saints, he commented that they looked happy with life again.

I now have a feeling that we can stay up. Well done the team and Tilly & Brush, not forgetting Ron.  
biggrin.gif
What is worrying though is that if it was never for the weather, there would have been no hear to heart convo's with the management.

I still think we are too far behind to stay up.

We have 11 more home games and need to get 35 points or so so to survive.That means we have to win about 8 more home games and get about 11 points on our travels.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Dec. 10 2006,07:42)]Yesterday's win was fantastic, but the true worth of the result will only be known when Barnsley play their next match on Monday. If they win, we'll be back to 10 points from the safety zone. If they lose, however, it'll look a whole lot more promising.
They drew 1-1 today.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jam_Man @ Dec. 10 2006,16:50)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Dec. 10 2006,07:42)]Yesterday's win was fantastic, but the true worth of the result will only be known when Barnsley play their next match on Monday. If they win, we'll be back to 10 points from the safety zone. If they lose, however, it'll look a whole lot more promising.
They drew 1-1 today.
Today... tomorrow... what's the difference.

tounge.gif

Cool, just 8 points adrift. Not a bad result.

amazing what one win can do for fan opinion, only earlier in the week a similar poll/thread had us to go down. For me yesterdays win was good but we need to play like that EVERY week with NO bad days at the office if we want to survive. I've accepted relegation but don't want to see us go out on a whimper

I've already written us off but if we go down fighting like that I'll be happy. Win 2 of the next 3 and I'll be changing the record.

There were plenty of people slagging me off for the past few months with my calls for Efe and Spinner as the best central defence partnership. I feel vindicated after watching the last few games. There's nothing better in this division than experience.

they must give everything in every game not just 3 or 4 then we have a chance

Last few games I kept saying, loose this one and wer all but down and out. This win, if it works with boosting moral and confidence, could be just in time for a fight back.

Back