• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Passwords for SZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a heads up I've just had a message regarding there may have been a data leak of SZ passwords. Perhaps it's time to get new ones.
I think that’s probably your password that’s been part of a data leak, rather than SZ being targeted or having all members passwords leaked.

Either way, due to GDPR we hold no personal information about anyone other than your registered email address and the password you chose.

So all the North Koreans can do is impersonate you in picking over the bones of our latest defeat. Or pick all the non-first teamers in the pre-match thread polls. Oh, hang on a minute….

I think that’s probably your password that’s been part of a data leak, rather than SZ being targeted or having all members passwords leaked.

Either way, due to GDPR we hold no personal information about anyone other than your registered email address and the password you chose.

So all the North Koreans can do is impersonate you in picking over the bones of our latest defeat. Or pick all the non-first teamers in the pre-match thread polls. Oh, hang on a minute….
North Korea you say?

IMG_6357.jpeg

I really don't care, as they said explicitly the SZ and one other site, I'm rather more inclined to follow their suggestion to change my PW than your rather nebulous ramble. By hey what do you know! P.S. I worked in IT security for 30+ years.

I really don't care, as they said explicitly the SZ and one other site, I'm rather more inclined to follow their suggestion to change my PW than your rather nebulous ramble. By hey what do you know! P.S. I worked in IT security for 30+ years.

Put the claws away Goosey. Mr Spiff was only being helpful and breaking it all down for you. I can testify first hand as I had a log in issue on here couple years back which he duly resolved for me.

Must also add that the work he and other mods do are obviously unpaid and in their spare time. All for the common love of our club

Put the claws away Goosey. Mr Spiff was only being helpful and breaking it all down for you. I can testify first hand as I had a log in issue on here couple years back which he duly resolved for me.

Must also add that the work he and other mods do are obviously unpaid and in their spare time. All for the common love of our club
Paid or not, His uneducated ramble is rather short sighted. I worked in IT security for years and have forgotten more than you lot ever knew. I was just pointing out there may be an issue and you lot kick off after some gentle advice it may be best to change your PW. Kind of sums up the SZ these days.

Good for you mate. My nebulous ramble also happens to be an accurate picture of the situation. Do and believe what you like though chief.

Paid or not, His uneducated ramble is rather short sighted. I worked in IT security for years and have forgotten more than you lot ever knew. I was just pointing out there may be an issue and you lot kick off after some gentle advice it may be best to change your PW. Kind of sums up the SZ these days.
Thank you, your feedback is very welcome. I don’t know where this anger has come from, but possibly a misreading of the attempt at humour in my post?

Either way, my post is actually accurate.

I make no apology for putting things in their proper context to save any alarm among Zoners which would be misplaced. There is no other data we hold and there are no other possible impacts beyond those I mentioned.

For the record, I also have a 30 year career (still ongoing) in IT and I’m absolutely certain I work at a higher level of security than you.

How do I know this? I’m afraid I’ll have to leave that to your imagination but it would be appreciated if the uncalled for and unpleasant nature of your responses on this thread changed please.

Well this thread took a turn that I wasn't expecting. I don't think there is anything more that needs to be added here, so we are done.

Spiff I very much doubt it. But downplaying something is not how one reacts to this kind of information. Keeping in mind many use the same PW for all their other accounts. All this is deflection head in the sand SZ mod mode. P.S. Humor is not your strong point, so do try harder. A gentle reminder to review their PW is not going to cause panic no matter what someone like you with more than 30 years in "IT" thinks.

Spiff I very much doubt it. But downplaying something is not how one reacts to this kind of information. Keeping in mind many use the same PW for all their other accounts. All this is deflection head in the sand SZ mod mode. P.S. Humor is not your strong point, so do try harder. A gentle reminder to review their PW is not going to cause panic no matter what someone like you with more than 30 years in "IT" thinks.
What?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back