• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mick

Life President
DIVISION One North side Great Wakering Rovers have brought in three players from neighbours Southend United on loan, including midfielder James Stevens who made one Football League appearance for the Shrimpers last season.

The others are George Artemi and George Smith, though the latter will not link with the club until he returns from Republic of Ireland Under-19 duty.

how long are the loans? It's a good move because obviously Rovers are semi-pro and so they'll continue to train with us mainly but they'll get regular competitive football and can be closely monitored.

Thought Stevens could play higher than Wakering, surely Canvey, Aveley or East Thurrock he would suit but first team football anywhere is better than not playing at all.

Id say loan until xmas so all the players have match sharpness if need to be called upon

If anyone is interested in seeing the lads in action for Rovers, tonight they have a friendly against a West Ham United XI at Burroughs Park 7:45pm kick-off admission adults £5 under16's £3.

I tell you what, Rovers desperately need those players. They've had a terrible pre-season, beaten and outplayed by Essex Senior League clubs amongst others.

I tell you what, Rovers desperately need those players. They've had a terrible pre-season, beaten and outplayed by Essex Senior League clubs amongst others.

one of those teams were hullbridge sports whom i play for and played in that game ;)​

I see Enrico was his usual gracious-in-defeat self after last night's game!

unfortunatly i couldnt play last night but yes i know how he gets after loses, 5-3 against southend manor wasnt it??

but we have a cup final against braintree tomorrow night and will be playing in that​

Ooh, there could be trouble a-brewing at the Len Salmon Stadium. Final score in the derby match: Bowers & Pitsea 2, Basildon United 5!

Edit at 11.30am - Didn't need to be a Mystic Meg to see this one coming. Manager of Bowers & Pitsea becomes the first managerial casualty of the season. Losing a derby match is one thing, losing a derby match at home is another, but losing a derby match at home 5-2 is obviously a step too far.

Last edited:
No - I've checked the teams on the Sporting Life site. He wasn't even on the bench. Seems he's being kept out of the side by another new signing Lewis Merrill-James :nope:

That's weird - the BBC Essex bloke definitely said "Merrick James-Lewis on a season long loan from Southend"!

Back