• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Our Massive Game v Huddesfield on Sat

Ok lets forget all this Ticket talk regarding the FA Cup game

WE HAVE A MASSIVE GAME ON SATURDAY

We have slowly drifted out of the playoffs over the last month or so lets pray Steve Tilson can turn the tide this Saturday and beat the New Manager curse....

Prediction time Boys n Girls

3.2 to Southend United
Crowd 7,985
300 yorkshire man in our north bank...

COME ON U SHRIMPERS

We need to keep Gareth's 100% record of watching Southend wins ;)

2-0, Clarke and a late goal from Dougie off the bench.

7-0 Southend. Freedman to come on with 10 minutes to go and get 3 of them. :)

Their new manager won't be in charge for this game, it will still be the caretaker chap - so hopefully the curse won't count yet.

we outplay them go one up n lose 1-2 same as oldham .. how the fk are oldham n millwall up there????

we outplay them go one up n lose 1-2 same as oldham .. how the fk are oldham n millwall up there????

I think Oldham are a pretty decent team, Millwall however I just can't understand.

Although we couldn't half do with their centre-back Whitbread.

Huddy wont be able to live with us on saturday. They are *****. We will smash them all over the park. 4-0 Southend.

for me its a most win. after quite a few very poor performances we need to 3 points. would like to see a good display of football but as long as we get 3 points i dont care.

need strikers and bad.

In the current form table we are 21st and huddersfield are 8th and in current away form they are 6th.
Scarily we are now in points as near to bottom four as to play-offs but the next 3 games all look potentially winnable.
Let's hope players aren't as obsessed with chelsea game as fans otherwise we could be in trouble by the time we play them.
I'll go for 2-1 to Southend with crowd of 6,551. Our goals from Barrett and Freedman

Macca to break his drought and guide us to a 2-1 win, Barnie and Dougie to start their comebacks and the feel good factor to return to Roots Hall.

I think the game will get called off after a cloud of locusus decends upon Roots Hall just as Walker has rounded there tubby keeper.Huddersfiled will be outraged as they are one nil up at the time with a goal from the ghost of Len Shakelton.

Massive game? In effect the next four games are massive games. Has any one noticed that three of those game are against the three clubs immediately below us in the table and the fourth, against MKD's, are in third place. I would like to see us getting seven points from the above matches............anything under five and I would fear us slipping too far behind the leading pack before the January reinforcements arrive.
Up front, no real problems.......and in fact, real delight at seeing Dougie and Barny back in contention. Defence.......well, so much has been written about our defensive frailtees......but at least, for league matches, it is fairly settled formation. It's in midfield that I am very concerned.......at Leicester I had the impression that we sorely missed JFC and before then, the creativity of Sawyer. Macca not yet firing at 100%.....and only one card from a ban. Grant struggling with a knee injury.....Mouse on loan etc etc.....
Feel fairly confident that we'll score but equally, that we shall concede...........will
sadly go for a further two points lost at home with a 2-2 draw. Hope I'm wrong and we'll get a win. Happily, working last weekend, thus missed the débacle against City........it's now starting to seem such a long time ago when we got our last victory against Leeds.

Tomorrow's game with be a very tough one indeed. Putting aside the new manager syndrome for a moment, Huddersfield have a decent squad of players after splashing the cash in the summer, and although it didn't quite work for Stan Ternant, they are a decent side, as recent results have suggested.

We, on the other hand, will no doubt be struggling for both bodies and confidence. It's not a 6 pointer as some have said, but as with all home games, we have to be going into the game expecting to win it, and settling for nothing less.

On a truly contradictory note, I will now predict us to lose it 0-2, with an attendance around the 6,000 mark. We beat them 4-1 at home last season, and my wife went into labour after that game (the shock of seeing us score 4 goals was too much), but I fear this will be a rather less exciting affair, and one in which we will come out the losers.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back