• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Our Game Not Selected for TV Coverage.

HudsonNo1

Manager
Not Sure if this has been posted on here yet but these are the games from the third round picked for Television Coverage.

The Third Round Proper TV Selections

Friday 2 January 2009
8pm on Setanta Sports
Tottenham Hotspur v Wigan Athletic

Saturday 3 January 2009
5.25pm on ITV1
Preston North End v Liverpool

Sunday 4 January 2009
1.30pm on ITV1
Gillingham or Stockport County v Aston Villa

Sunday 4 January 2009
4.00pm on Setanta Sports 1
Southampton v Manchester United

Monday 5 January 2009
8pm on Setanta Sports

AFC Bournemouth or Blyth Spartans v Blackburn Rovers

Surely Our game against the russians is more interesting then Spurs Vs Wigan

I think had it been a home tie it would of been on tv but being at the bridge tv officals probably dont feel any upset will occur

How wrong they could be. Anything is possible in football.

Unlikely, but all the pressure will be on them and if Mildy is
MOM and the rest of the team play the game of their lives
then why not ?

5 games and we still dont get a look in?! Sky seemed to like us guys - and seemed to get to know us well - doesn't seem like Setanta are as keen!

If it was at our place the game would almost certainly be covered. But the chances of an upset at Stamford Bridge are minimal so it's not exactly an enticing tie for live TV.

If it was at our place the game would almost certainly be covered. But the chances of an upset at Stamford Bridge are minimal so it's not exactly an enticing tie for live TV.

Chelsea v Southend is still more enticing than the Spurs v Wigan match!! Infact every other FA cup tie is more enticing than that match.

Did i read somewhere that on the very off-chance of a replay it will be on a Wednesday ?? Considering we always schedule our midweek games to Tuesdays i think that is a fair reflection that a second match will be televised ... now all we have to do is get a draw :thump:

Did i read somewhere that on the very off-chance of a replay it will be on a Wednesday ?? Considering we always schedule our midweek games to Tuesdays i think that is a fair reflection that a second match will be televised ... now all we have to do is get a draw :thump:

That probably has more to do with the fact that they are playing on the Sunday rather than the Saturday, but I'm pretty sure in the unlikely event of us drawing, we'd be the first choice for a televised replay.

That probably has more to do with the fact that they are playing on the Sunday rather than the Saturday

Ah, i was unaware of this fact ... still holds true though, if we somehow manage to sneak a draw the replay will be on ... just a shame it aint gonna happen

we'll beat them first time around :dim:

Chelsea v Southend is still more enticing than the Spurs v Wigan match!! Infact every other FA cup tie is more enticing than that match.

Not really. Spurs v Wigan is an all-Premiership tie that could go either way, and the standard of football will be decent, which ultimately is what viewers want to see. Though for what it's worth, I would have chosen Hull v Newcastle instead.

Let's be honest here - we could be in for a real tonking at Chelsea and if they raced into a comfortable lead, neutral viewers would get bored and switch off. Ultimately, we have to be objective about this. If it was Chelsea v Stockport, would anyone on here seriously consider it as a plum tie for TV?

"bit drizzly"??? I got my hair wet :(

At least you had your bag to put it in to dry it off...

bobcat-wig.img_assist_custom.jpg

Why do the TV stations believe that what we really, really want after months of saturation Premier League coverage is more all-Premier League games?!

I can understand that they don't see much chance of an upset with us, but is there anyone, outside of the fans concerned, who really wants to watch Spurs - Wigan?

I'm a little gutted as this means a Saturday 3pm kickoff, which gives me 30 seconds after full-time to file my report to the newspaper. That means I'll be working more than watching, which rather defeats the object.

Back