• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Oscar Night Tonight

SUFC Forever

Manager
So it is Oscar night again tonight, Anybody have any thoughts on the winners tonight?

Seems that the favourites are Kate Winslett, the late Heath Ledger, Micky Rourke and Slumdog Millionaire for the big prizes.

So it is Oscar night again tonight, Anybody have any thoughts on the winners tonight?
Seems that the favourites are Kate Winslett, the late Heath Ledger, Micky Rourke and Slumdog Millionaire for the big prizes.

Probably will be the ones with the most votes :whistling:

Kate is certainly a very do-able babe but hey, what a bloody fool she made of herself when she gave her speech when she won the last gong a while back. Paramount to chalk being scraped down the blackboard it made me squirm so much.

Been nominated several times now and therefore is probably her time to win however. Having said that, her performance in "The Reader" where she plays a Nazi concentration camp guard is supposed to be very good indeed though I haven't yet seen it.

I also think that it's about time Kate Winslet won an award! I haven't seen The Reader yet, but I saw her performance in Revoloutionary Road and if it's better than that then she definitely deserves to win it!

Every time I think of Kate Winslet winning an oscar for The Reader though I just think of when she was in Extras, saying how if you want to win an oscar you have to do something about the Holocaust. Just makes me giggle that she now might be getting an oscar for just that!

Every time I think of Kate Winslet winning an oscar for The Reader though I just think of when she was in Extras, saying how if you want to win an oscar you have to do something about the Holocaust. Just makes me giggle that she now might be getting an oscar for just that!

Assuming those lines in Extras were written for her then if she wins I hope she thanks Ricky Gervais and Steven Merchant for giving her the idea of such a role :D

The Aussie's are getting all over excited at the thought of Heath Ledger winning best supporting actor. I take it he's a fairly clear favourite?

Heath Ledger won "Best Supporting Actor".

With out wanting to sound heartless...........did the Dark Night receive any other nominations?

Would he have won the award if he had not passed away?

I was thinking that... but then I remembered his performance in it and realised that he certainly would have got nominated for it and I hope he still would have won it. He was superb in it, there's no other way to describe it. And given the other nominees for that category (Josh Brolin for Milk, Robert Downey Jr. for Tropic Thunder, Philip Seymour Hoffman for Doubt and Michael Shannon for Revolutionary Road) I think he still would have won.

Sean Penn for best actor in Milk. Very very happy about that as I thought he was outstanding and was hoping he would win, but I had a feeling Mickey Rourke was going to get it.

So far I'm agreeing and liking all the winners.

Sean Penn for best actor in Milk. Very very happy about that as I thought he was outstanding and was hoping he would win, but I had a feeling Mickey Rourke was going to get it.

So far I'm agreeing and liking all the winners.

Slum Dog for best Picture?

I have a feeling that Nixon might sneak it

No, the way Slumdog has been clearning up all over the place I'd say it was a sure thing

Back