• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Not Happy Today

McNasty

Pancake day today, unless you are OBL who has a 2 day pancake fest as Kev is working lates tonight and, owing to on-going health problems for me, it's Beef Stew Day instead.

Perhaps the mountains of pancakes with lemon and sugar I have eaten over many years haven't helped. :sad:

I'll just point out Ken, that I didn't have any last night and the reason for spreading it over 2 days was that I didn't think I'd like cooking them at 10:00 this evening when Kev's due home! And beef stew? Is that any better for you than pancakes? Surely a couple of pancakes with some lightly stewed berries would have been ok as a pud? Or even stuffed with something savoury as a main! There are some very healthy spray fats which would make it a less healthy thing too.

Thanks for the recipe but I only eat pancakes heaped with sugar and I no longer have that in my eating plans so they don't appeal.

Thanks for the recipe but I only eat pancakes heaped with sugar and I no longer have that in my eating plans so they don't appeal.
Oh dear, I agree lemon and sugar is the best way with pancakes, what about these lo-sugar substitutes, are they not acceptable? There's no sugar in the batter recipe so it's only down to what you add.

Back