• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Next half a dozen games

Tin Bath

First XI
Looking ahead at the fixture list I think the next half a dozen games will really shape our season and they are a real tough collection, Scunthorpe (A), Bristol Rovers (A), Leeds (H), Colchester (H), Tranmere (A), Oldam (H). Thats 3 of the current top 5 and a derby thrown into the mix.

I would love it to carry on that unbeaten run but thats maybe asking too much, while saturday was 3 points in the bag I wasnt walking away with tons on confidence but then again maybe the mark of a good side, play poorly and pick up all the points.

If I am realistic I would be happy with 10 points out of the next 18 and hopefully taking points off those in the top five to keep us in the top six

Would be nice to see some five figure crowds at Roots Hall again, three massive matches those

Yep, can't disagree with any of that.
I always seem to be saying 10 points out of 18 is a good realistic target as that form over the course of the season should see you in amongst the playoffs.

Can't really see us getting anything tomorrow night, so an away win at Brizzle or Tranmere is important as well as keep the unbeaten home run going, although I think we'd all love to batter Leeds & the Ewes (as well as the Maher-less Oldham) we might need to get a bit more realistic and think 5 points from the next 9 at home is a reasonable return.

A lot also depends on if/when we can get Dougie & Lee fit for these games.

Last edited:
I would be very surprised if we get more than 10K against Oldham! Although expect to against Leeds (I won't be there however) and Col Ewe.

I agree with Rich about 10 points from those 6 games would be a decent return but alot depends on Dougie and Barney being fit.

Anybody in this league is beatable, i don't think there is any one team to fear. For me i am glad we have two home games before we visit you, this hopefully should help get some confidence back. That said we are having huge problems this year with our defence and no matter how good you are going forward you don't want to have score 3 every game.

We should have Barnard and Freedman back hopefully soon enough.

But with Laurent and Revell sounding good in attack we do have some opotion up front.

But I think wins against Bristol Rovers , Tranmere , Leeds and Oldham
are all possible.

Scunny wont be a easy game but a draw would be a good result there and Colchester it wont be easy but we might win if are confidence is still good.

Last edited:
Crucial we get Dougie back, he would be the difference against the better teams. Its ok beating Swindon and the teams down the bottom but we need to improve our record against the top teams.

would be very happy with a draw at scunny, the others I see as winable, especially if we have dougie back in the side.

good yardstick is average points per game.

next 6 games

1.5 pts per game = 9 form of mid table outfit.
2pts per game=12 form of top 4 side
2.3pts per game=nearly 14pts form of champs.

would be happy with anything above 9pts.

Looking ahead at the fixture list I think the next half a dozen games will really shape our season and they are a real tough collection, Scunthorpe (A), Bristol Rovers (A), Leeds (H), Colchester (H), Tranmere (A), Oldam (H). Thats 3 of the current top 5 and a derby thrown into the mix.

..... and a Cup match thrown in too, for good measure.

next 6 games

2 points per game across the season would almost certainly get you promoted.

next 6 games

I think you might be over egging your numbers there GraysBlue.

Most years, 92 points or 2 points a game, would be enough to finish champions or definately in the top 2, and about 1.7 points a game is good enough for the play-offs. (78 points).

Currently we are 2 points adrift of champions target (20 points from 11 games), if we can stay 3 or 4 points short come 17 games (say 30 points) I would be very very happy.

That means 10 points from the next 6 games. (Just about possible with Barney and Dougie fit).

I think you might be over egging your numbers there GraysBlue.

Most years, 92 points or 2 points a game, would be enough to finish champions or definately in the top 2, and about 1.7 points a game is good enough for the play-offs. (78 points).

Currently we are 2 points adrift of champions target (20 points from 11 games), if we can stay 3 or 4 points short come 17 games (say 30 points) I would be very very happy.

That means 10 points from the next 6 games. (Just about possible with Barney and Dougie fit).
I think when Blues won div 1 we did it with only 81 points.

i feel with some of the bigger clubs in this division at some stage they will probably win several games on the spin,and possibly finish with a final high points total.

my stats were quoting the next 6 games,agreed over a 46 game season any club achieving 2pts per game will def be promoted.

To be fair, I'd revise mine down rather than up given the difficulty we'll have in the next few games. If Col U don't roll over as meekly as Orient then we might have a trickier game than most would there too.

When I looked ahead to the season, this stood out as a hard run of games markedly following an easier run. I think this will be the biggest test so far but I fear this is where we'll find out we're not in the best 3/4 teams in the division and will have to try and scrape in the playoffs to give ourselves a chance. We'll probably get either 6 or 7 points from the forthcoming games, possibly more if the 3 goal mismatch trend against Colchester continues.

Yes, we need win 3 of the 4 games left to get to the 30 point target that I had, and I can't see that happening without our two best forwards, and Colchester suddenly realising that they aren't that bad.

At least Oldham have gone into freefall in the last few games after their great start.

Back