• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New things happening at the club.

Cricko

Zone Owner ⭐⭐🦐
Staff member
Things are changing, even our own @They Call It Madness!!! is involved.

Darren Burgess

oSndpetsro1tlgg1650ua8hca2lct52ig574hic5h4310ch029h7676hi08h ·

Hello Everyone.
Time for us to be RE-UNITED!
So I have put together a night of fun, for a community to be RE-UNITED! In a humble setting, Southend United Football Club thankyou to Sharon Melissa Munro and Natalie Lindsey Munro for your help in making this happen, thankyou to dj Deej Sympledreadd for artwork
🤎
also a affordable night with great drink prices so your not left out of pocket!

Let's all be RE-UNITED on September 7th, and put a few quid behind the bar for the football club to.

451771540_10169475468505434_775664848871924673_n.jpg

Things are changing, even our own @They Call It Madness!!! is involved.

Darren Burgess

oSndpetsro1tlgg1650ua8hca2lct52ig574hic5h4310ch029h7676hi08h ·

Hello Everyone.
Time for us to be RE-UNITED!
So I have put together a night of fun, for a community to be RE-UNITED! In a humble setting, Southend United Football Club thankyou to Sharon Melissa Munro and Natalie Lindsey Munro for your help in making this happen, thankyou to dj Deej Sympledreadd for artwork
🤎
also a affordable night with great drink prices so your not left out of pocket!

Let's all be RE-UNITED on September 7th, and put a few quid behind the bar for the football club to.

View attachment 32837
Face painting for over 21's. My, how things have changed.

Am curious as to where this will be held. I can’t imagine the Council will let an event run until 2am outside in a residential area so that rules out the much talked about fanzone in the car park or the pitch.

The Shrimpers or Far Post bar have all the atmosphere of an airport departure lounge.

Will this be in those redesigned exec boxes?

It appears to be timed to capture the returning coaches from Oldham. I can picture the scene already: the Shrimpers Trust coach pulls into Roots Hall car park and out pour a coach load of fans seeking “pub drink prices” in order to celebrate our win at Oldham.

Being honest, I am not sure of the exact logistics but it's been in the pipeline for many months.

It will be in the Shrimpers Bar, okay so YB calls it like a departure lounge but that's all the club have at the moment. They are well aware of what needs improving!

This is just the start, Darren was the resident DJ at DDVs and for all its flaws (personally had many a good night there), it was always packed every weekend with people wanting a good night out that was different to what the other clubs had on offer.

This night will be a bit of a party night theme and an opportunity for people that used to enjoy going to DDVS and Chameleon to come back out with their friends and enjoy something different.

Hopefully you can see past the venue and appreciate the effort that's gone in from Sharon at the club to get this working and like Cricko says, get some money in behind the bar.

This is a taste of things to come for sure but it needs nights like this to be successful and worthwhile.

If you need to know more information, drop Darren an email on the poster as advertised.

Last edited:
Being honest, I am not sure of the exact logistics but it's been in the pipeline for many months.

It will be in the Shrimpers Bar, okay so YB calls it like a departure lounge but that's all the club have at the moment. They are well aware of what needs improving!

This is just the start, Darren was the resident DJ at DDVs and for all its flaws (personally had many a good night there), it was always packed every weekend with people wanting a good night out that was different to what the other clubs had on offer.

This night will be a bit of a party night theme and an opportunity for people that used to enjoy going to DDVS and Chameleon to come back out with their friends and enjoy something different.

Hopefully you can see past the venue and appreciate the effort that's gone in from Sharon at the club to get this working and like Cricko says, get some money in behind the bar.

This is a taste of things to come for sure but it needs nights like this to be successful and worthwhile.

If you need to know more information, drop Darren an email on the poster as advertised.
Shame about that manager of DDV between 2014 to 2018, drove everyone away from that clubs, turned DDVs from packed night out into half empty area.

Wooooooooooooo, this sounds like something that could be worth a visit

Many good memories in DDV's, best one being after we'd played some sort of 5 a side game at Playfootball (@They Call It Madness!!! you were involved in this to). I'd scored a ton of goals including some real corkers and as Darren saw me enter a packed DDV's from his DJ booth, he proclaimed the arrival of Southends's number one striker over the mic. Hence a few odd looks from people and people asking who I was.

GIT

Back