• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New signing

sufcintheprem

This is a modified caption
erm ?

rock.gif

Anyone care to enlighten me?

Yeah he paid for the privilage of being part of the sqaud on the programme etc. That doesn't mean that he trains plays etc although he does look quite a fit and healthy chap!!!
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (tommytwoholes @ May 19 2004,14:13)]Yeah he paid for the privilage of being part of the sqaud on the programme etc. That doesn't mean that he trains plays etc although he does look quite a fit and healthy chap!!!
biggrin.gif
It's not just in the programme, he is also registered as a player with the Football League and the FA, so he has a real players contract with SUFC.

Great way for the club to make a few quid as they auctioned the place last summer. In fact they have done this for the last 2 seasons. Wonder if they're doing it again.....

keep up - he was part of the squad for the whole of last season. Won an online auction or something.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ May 19 2004,14:52)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ May 19 2004,14:38)]Won an online auction or something.
Oh no he didn't. He came second, but the winner pulled out.
Wow... controversial. If you bid for something in an auction, then there is a binding contract if that bid is accepted...

wow.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canada shrimper @ May 19 2004,15:53)]I wonder what would happen if he started turning up for training and wanted a spot on the team bus?
He will go to the PFA and tell them!
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ May 19 2004,14:54)]Wow... controversial.  If you bid for something in an auction, then there is a binding contract if that bid is accepted...

wow.gif
Unless he pulled out injured (retired from professional football)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ May 19 2004,17:06)]Nah, he just didn't want it in the end, so Ian stepped in. The auction was for a place in the squad.
And that's what I was saying was a bit dodgy. Normally, if you auction for something and your bid is accepted, you're not allowed to change your mind - you're stuck with it...

rock.gif

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ May 19 2004,17:12)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ May 19 2004,17:06)]Nah, he just didn't want it in the end, so Ian stepped in. The auction was for a place in the squad.
And that's what I was saying was a bit dodgy.  Normally, if you auction for something and your bid is accepted, you're not allowed to change your mind - you're stuck with it...

rock.gif

Matt
Well I could of course be wrong in my memory of the whole thing.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ May 19 2004,17:17)]Well I could of course be wrong in my memory of the whole thing.
Not necessarily... maybe the club let him off; but they didn't need to at law.

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ May 19 2004,17:36)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ May 19 2004,17:17)]Well I could of course be wrong in my memory of the whole thing.

Matt
Just sold a car on e-bay - guy realised he couldn't arrange transport down from the wilds of Wester Ross. Not only did he not even bother asking for his money back, (no chance anyway, as MtS says) he even offered to pay me to scr*p it. If only I could pull that one every time...

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ May 19 2004,23:34)]
[b said:
[b said:

Matt
Just sold a car on e-bay - guy realised he couldn't arrange transport down from the wilds of Wester Ross. Not only did he not even bother asking for his money back, (no chance anyway, as MtS says) he even offered to pay me to scr*p it. If only I could pull that one every time...

biggrin.gif
Off topic here, but if you accepted his money to scr*p it, didn't, and then re-auctioned it, I think he might be entitled to his "scr*p fee" back...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ May 19 2004,23:52)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ May 19 2004,23:34)]
[b said:
[b said:

Matt

biggrin.gif
Off topic here, but if you accepted his money to scr*p it, didn't, and then re-auctioned it, I think he might be entitled to his "scr*p fee" back...
Quite right, but notice I said he "offered" to pay to scr*p it. Even I couldn't in all conscience take more than the poor bloke had already forked out, and I told him I would just stick it back on e-bay. I also left him very good feedback as an honest guy.

Pictures of where Shrimp in a kilt lives (Oh, and a car too...)

Back