• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New refuse collections in Southend

RHB

"Do or do not. There is no try,"⭐⭐🦐
Staff member
No sign yet of who the new preferred refuse collectors will be from April next year, but this is the service they will provide it seems.

As part of the new scheme, food waste will continue to be collected weekly. How and when recycling is collected will be confirmed once the preferred bidder is in place. The few things left over which can't be recycled and currently go in a black bag will be collected fortnightly. Most homes will also switch from plastic sacks to wheeled bins for both recycling and waste that cannot be recycled.

Source SCC Newsletter.

mmm refuse should be collected weekly, all types. wheelie bins make anywhere look like ****e.
Just wait until communities are 'encouraged and empowered' to recycle more. Parts of Lancashire have their grey bins, or what Southenders put in black sacks, taken once every three weeks.

2 up 2 downs up here often have their bins out the front of their houses all the time. When you get a whole street doing that, it's not pretty. Bins overflowing and the excess just littering the street too. The council doesn't police it at all.

Friends in Basildon also have to pay a top up to their council tax to have green waste removed. You're boogered if you have a yard or a garden.

Still, there's always one ...

Screenshot_20240409_011439_Facebook.jpg

TBH as although the bins are good for keeping all the rubbish together and prevents the foxes and magpies ripping open the bags I really dislike them. They are bulky and need to be stored. I have several steps around my house and although I can store them easily they will cause an obstruction. Most of the houses around me are terraced so it will mean them being placed out the front of a property which can be an eyesore.
I only put out my rubbish/recycling once a fortnight but food waste is weekly. I recycle everything that I can but often see black bags ripped open and everything strewn across the road and more often than not most of the rubbish seen can be recycled.
Perhaps the Local Authority should be looking at reducing waste and concentrating more on educating people about recycling

TBH as although the bins are good for keeping all the rubbish together and prevents the foxes and magpies ripping open the bags I really dislike them. They are bulky and need to be stored. I have several steps around my house and although I can store them easily they will cause an obstruction. Most of the houses around me are terraced so it will mean them being placed out the front of a property which can be an eyesore.
I only put out my rubbish/recycling once a fortnight but food waste is weekly. I recycle everything that I can but often see black bags ripped open and everything strewn across the road and more often than not most of the rubbish seen can be recycled.
Perhaps the Local Authority should be looking at reducing waste and concentrating more on educating people about recycling
It's all those take-away boxes. :Smile2:

There's plenty to moan about here in Malta, but at least we have the following refuse collection service:

Organic waste: Mon, Wed, Fri

Recycled: Thursday

Mixed: Tues, Sat

The only main issues being idiots taking rubbish out ahead of time with no wheelies to put bags in, it gets left on pavements until collection and dubious processing of recycled waste.

Back