• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question New East stand - which style / design do you prefer?

Something like brightons main stand would look good👍🏼

View attachment 33837
That's what I love about the sheer realism on SZ these days. I'm guessing that being the main stand it would be more than 25% of the £93 million the Amex cost. Even cutting that main stand cost alone in 1/2 or by 3/4 is way way more than the entire Roots Hall refurbishment will cost.

I lose the will to live some days.

That's what I love about the sheer realism on SZ these days. I'm guessing that being the main stand it would be more than 25% of the £93 million the Amex cost. Even cutting that main stand cost alone in 1/2 or by 3/4 is way way more than the entire Roots Hall refurbishment will cost.

25% of 93 million is 23.25 million. so half of that is 11.62 million, less than what we (apparently) will get for refurbing Roots Hall as part of the deal with Ratty. So that isn't true.

Fair it may not be any more realistic, but why are people so quick to ridicule and to poo poo peoples dreams and ambition regarding the stadium. It would seem that if you haven't lost the will to live already you have lost the ability to dream.

All posters are doing are highlighting stands they think will look cool and allowing themselves for a moment to fantasies how amazing it would be to be proud of the ground they visit every week.

£93m 13 years ago.

Would mind punting that an Amex built now would be double that.

25% of 93 million is 23.25 million. so half of that is 11.62 million, less than what we (apparently) will get for refurbing Roots Hall as part of the deal with Ratty. So that isn't true.

Fair it may not be any more realistic, but why are people so quick to ridicule and to poo poo peoples dreams and ambition regarding the stadium. It would seem that if you haven't lost the will to live already you have lost the ability to dream.

All posters are doing are highlighting stands they think will look cool and allowing themselves for a moment to fantasies how amazing it would be to be proud of the ground they visit every week.
The below but with blue chairs and if we can stretch maybe a bin at both ends of the stand rather than just 1

1725973502584.png

The below but with blue chairs and if we can stretch maybe a bin at both ends of the stand rather than just 1

View attachment 33838
Lets really leverage our sponsorship. C2C must have some old sleepers somewhere. Pile them up, convert an old train wagon into a toilet block. Get a trolley to come round with overpriced luke-warm tea that always runs out just before it gets to you.

Most of us lose the will to live when you post these days. :Whistling:

Frankly if you are dreaming or fantasizing of that stand then feel free. I won't go into your financial logic because as an accountant it simply hurts my head.

I will live in the sane land of reality & will not apologise for that. In fact if we build that Amex replica then I will happily eat all the rubble of the old East stand.

FFS SZ when do we get SZ Gold as have so many people on ignore now my monthly dd isn't worth just watching Creeky moan about his male menapause. 🤣

OK, here's what I would do (from a "professional" standpoint)

1725982787487.png

Essentially, seat kill wise, you're going to have the same capacity as the current East Stand for GA sales. But you're going to gain additional higher value seating for those wanting to pay extra.

I'd imagine the stand will be something similar to the South Stand at Oxford United:

1725982891172.png

View attachment 33844

Essentially, seat kill wise, you're going to have the same capacity as the current East Stand for GA sales. But you're going to gain additional higher value seating for those wanting to pay extra.

I'd imagine the stand will be something similar to the South Stand at Oxford United:

View attachment 33845
I like that one. Has a bit of a traditional look to it. Also, more importantly, it doesn't have the corners of the ground filled it in. Can I be the only one who finds many of the modern grounds claustrophobic? I probably am. I know I need to get out more, but I'm also agoraphobic

View attachment 33844

View attachment 33845
Probably the most realistic of the ideas so far (unsurprisingly), not sure if it's cause of the three sides, something else about the design or just bad luck that the atmosphere has always felt a bit flat there, god knows the east needs help making some noise so anything we can do to make the acoustics as good as possible on top of this the better...

Back