• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question New East stand - which style / design do you prefer?

Have we got room for something like this?
I guess this stand at posh houses around 5k?
4,637 to be exact.

We can go a fair bit bigger than that as we have plenty of room. We need to as well, as we cannot really increase capacity much elsewhere (Maybe the North) but that's about it. I reckon we can aim for 6,000+ realistically.

4,637 to be exact.

We can go a fair bit bigger than that as we have plenty of room. We need to as well, as we cannot really increase capacity much elsewhere (Maybe the North) but that's about it. I reckon we can aim for 6,000+ realistically.
That new development behind the east at the top of the car park, (not even sure what’s being built, houses or offices) wouldn’t that cause an issue?

It looked close to the stadium last time I saw it.

As you say the new stand would need to be a decent size capacity wise for obvious reasons

I think I'll leave it to experts like @Sherif H

At minimum it should be able to hold the main bulk of season ticket and box holders, have enough space for corporate functions, more food outlets and toilet facilities, and not be a constant concern of burning down at any point!

A bigger version of Peterborough's main stand for me. Try and squeeze a little extra capacity out of the North before we build it too, so we have somewhere to put the displaced fans while we are building it.

Heady days when you think back to those original plans of a shrimp curling itself around the ground. Open to all ideas but speaking from the heart as opposed to the head, I’d love something steep and imposing but also with some unique features that move us away from the usual identikit rebuilds. Obviously I also appreciate that beggars can’t be choosers right now but one can dream.

Heady days when you think back to those original plans of a shrimp curling itself around the ground. Open to all ideas but speaking from the heart as opposed to the head, I’d love something steep and imposing but also with some unique features that move us away from the usual identikit rebuilds. Obviously I also appreciate that beggars can’t be choosers right now but one can dream.
IMG_7199.jpeg
IMG_7200.jpeg
IMG_7201.jpeg

I would prefer a WW type stand but with the close to the pitch section being a standing terrace incorporating the nostalgia of the old North and South Paddocks.
And there needs to be more provision included for mobility challenged fans; features I don't see in the images on thread, this is always going to be the area closest to the car park etc for us.

I would prefer a WW type stand but with the close to the pitch section being a standing terrace incorporating the nostalgia of the old North and South Paddocks.
And there needs to be more provision included for mobility challenged fans; features I don't see in the images on thread, this is always going to be the area closest to the car park etc for us.

Good point on this. With the ground lower than the car park you'd like to think they could incorporate step free access from the car park, through any concourse and onto the stand where there may be access to a few wheel chair spaces.

Would save them having to be deposited at the bottom of the stand then make their way up to a seat

Back