• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

new annoyance

Kenny

Thailand Shrimper
I've got a new annoyance, kids on those trainer/skate hybrid things. Almost got knocked over about 7 times at lakeside last night as nearly every kid in SE Essex seems to have got them for Christmas. Whats the deal with them, you wouldn't be allowed to rollerblade around Lakeside so how are these any different!?!?!
mad.gif

Good call Kenny. Those trainers are truly shocking. And we wonder why there's so many fat kids around. Make the little buggers walk for f%ck's sake
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (chadded @ Dec. 29 2006,15:15)]Didn't these come out years ago?
I think you're right, but they appear to have made a most welcome comeback.

If a seven year old goes past me again on them like one did in Sainsbury's Southend yesterday, I won't be hesitating in sticking a leg out.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (chadded @ Dec. 29 2006,15:18)]If a seven year old goes past me again on them like one did in Sainsbury's Southend yesterday, I won't be hesitating in sticking a leg out.
No-one would think worse of you if you did exactly that.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (chadded @ Dec. 29 2006,15:18)]If a seven year old goes past me again on them like one did in Sainsbury's Southend yesterday, I won't be hesitating in sticking a leg out.
Sounds like the little bastards that almost did for me yesterday as I was wandering around minding my own business.
mad.gif

My wife bought my 10 year old daughter a pair of these yesterday....the best bit is the price..£60!!

tbh i reckon they are a bit of fun for kids BUT they should not be bloody skating around a packed bluewater on them! Wwl annoying when kids fly past you with arms flailing on those shoes/skates/trainers/skateboard things!

same thing happened to me in chelmsford this week. but someone answered my prayers as the next kid i saw on a pair stacked it on a piece of dodgy pavements. it made my lunch hour i can tell you!

Having taken the wife to Bluewater last week, I'd have to agree. Now I have to add zooming kids to the watch list of kamikaze pram-pushers who run you over first and then say "oh, sorry!" and those 15 member families who all got out together and walk side by side along the walkways.

One thing I guarantee for 2007 is that, somewhere in the world, some poor loving parent will see their dear little one crash through a shop window with these trainers on as he/she loses their balance or fails to stop in time. I hope I'm wrong but it's surely only a matter of time.

Back